Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello Everyone!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Randy (and LCL2013) - you're very fortunate to have well informed ENTs who knew enough to suspect and test for Wegeners. I started out with identical symptoms, had ear tubes, antibiotics and finally steroids - but neither of my ENTs suspected Wegeners and it was detected only after other symptoms appeared. However, quick treatment under consultation with a recognized expert is a MUST. Rituxan has worked very well for me and there was a study that showed it works well against sinus problems. It is also not toxic unlike the chemo drugs (cytoxan and methotrexate) and side effects (at least in the short term) are negligible. Best to read up all you can beforehand and ask your docs plenty of questions in deciding your course of treatment. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Randy,

The drive is so worth while after what the Rhemy that doesn't know about wegs put me threw. I love Villa-Forte she is so good. I think she is a little slow to respond, however that really didn't get slower until Dr. Khasnis and Dr. Hoffman left so...she has a heavier load. I feel blessed to have found her as I was going down hill fast. I have had wegs about 9 years now, but my first rhemy left me with a really bad doc.

I hope it all goes well for you this is quite the journey we are all on.

Mary

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12