User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: For those with Buttons in their nose...Advice please!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question For those with Buttons in their nose...Advice please!

Hello my friends.

I've had a button in my nose for 2 years now following saddle nose, bridge collapse and a hole in my septum.

Addenbrookes are keen to replace the button now (altho you can wait up to 5 years). They are waiting for me to give the ok to have the operation to replace this button. I am trying to put it off as long as possible as I have bad reaction to anaesthetic and Adds refuse to do this under a local anaesthetic.

I am torn between replacing it and not having a replacement put in because Dr Jayne and my ENT surgeon both have differing points of view and I agree with both of them because from an ENT point of view having the button in is beneficial BUT from a Vasculitis point of view it is a bad idea as its a foreign body.

Right, so why I need advice is the button has moved, not a great deal but it is clear the hole has grown and i'll need a bigger button to replace it.

Has anyone else experienced this? Should I get the button replaced? What are peoples initial thoughts with this?

Thanks in advance
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Sam.
    I don't have an answer... I only know that when I once found a decent ENT he was talking about taking part of my rib and "installing" it in the nose....
    anyway, I have dr. Phil's wg notebook with me, with his question to his wg doc about you, so I copy the photo of it to here.
    and he gave you an answer on this thread: http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.c...my-nose-3.html
    not sure if it can help today....
    I hope you will find the best solution. hugs.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.