Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: up all night

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you nap too long then you can't sleep at night, it's a vicious cycle!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face

I have been getting knee pain while sleeping. It is the strangest thing. But when I hit the bed I am out like a light. I am usually very tired by the time I make it to bed. 6-8 hours seems to be perfect for me unless I wakeup with the hammer driven wedge in my knee pain crying. Then I run for the ice pack and pain meds.
    The doc wants a sleep study done too. Could be interesting?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

onatreetop do you sleep with your feet elevated?
    IVE BEEN SLEEPING THAT WAY FOR SO LONG IT IS UNCOMFORTABLE FOR ME TO SLEEP ANY OTHER WAY.
    It seems to help me. Hope you can find some sort of remedy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Onatreetop, why does the doctor want to do a sleep study? Hopefully your knee pain will go away. I think once your in remission it should subside. Last summer both the back of my knees were swollen and painful and I put ice packs on them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was wondering about that too. In what way will you gain benefit from a sleep study?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Wegs doc has wanted me to do a sleep study for a year now. I tried one a couple years ago at a terrible facility in Arizona...

One cause of fatigue is sleep apnea. Sleep apnea is more prevalent in heavier (okay, fat) people and in people with upper respiratory problems. He wants to rule that out as a cause of my excessive daytime fatigue.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I already know that I wake up every hour or so, so it would be wasted on me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats the thing thats getting too me at the moment as well, i go to bed on average 10.30 - 11.00pm and toss and turn till 1 or 2 in the morning then the alarm goes off for work at 6.45 and i feel like i have'nt even slept some mornings i get the nods at work by 10 or 11 am . then i finish at 5pm and by 6pm i am nodding in the chair before dinner any tips on a good night sleep would be appreciated. i have been trying to take every wednesday off to break the week up a bit and rest but i dont feel any different between having a day off or not. i find i hit a wall about 1-2pm most days but thats when it is busiest at work and that gets me through it im lost at the moment still have the bad legs too professor has put me on mobic anti inflammatories which have got rid of the fluid on the knees and the swelling has gone down but the more the day goes on the more i get around like a litttle old man and i keep off them as much as i can.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tim, if your on high dose of Prednisone it is very hard to fall asleep and stay asleep. I finally slept when my Prednisone was down to 10mg.
    I just stayed up late, that way I wasn't tossing and turning. I totally understand you have to go to work and you want to go to bed at a certain time. It's too bad that you can't take a cat nap under your desk.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face

I think it was because of the heaviness in my chest while breathing?That and all the noises I have been making while sleeping. If I snore it usually wakes me up. But I am also a side sleeper with body pillow for back hips and knees. Cant sleep without it. My husbands been sleeping on the couch for a while now because of all the noise. At first my feelings were hurt but after I told him that I have been able to trainmyself to go to and stayasleep when he brakes out the chainsaw(snore really loud you can hear thoughout the whole house) he couldnt say anything else. For 16 years I have handled it without much complaining, I still have the face pain that goes from my nose done the back of my throat. Dull and annoying. swollen hands, face, the pred look! I have been making my self sweat to release some of the fluid last night when I finally got home my face.....................felt like it was going to pop! So got on the eliptical for 25 min at a slow pace , just enough to sweat and out it came. Then got a shower and feel asleep fast. I do toss a bit but usually I am so tired that I dont wake often and thanks to the elavil I sleep deeper quicker and longer. It has saved my sleep for years now.I cant sleep flat on my back because of my knees and hips and back. Need the side to line up the spine and coushion the knees.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast