Thread: Kinda scared and kinda anxious

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Kinda scared and kinda anxious

Hey all, Rob here.

Well, after several months and numerous phone calls, I start my infusions of Rituxan tomorrow.... I was finally able to meet with Dr Yacyshyn in Edmonton (Thanks Marta for her contact info and the urging to connect with her) I'm not going to say that she made me more at ease with this new drug but she certainly made me understand that I can't stay on Cyclophosphamide any longer and that this is my next best option. I am certainly most worried about the possible severe side effects for someone with an already compromised immune system. I'm staying positive and planning to be back at work again on Friday.

Wish me luck!

2. Likes marta liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Rob,

I hope your rtx infusions are non-events and that you get into remission soon!
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rituxan should not weaken your immune system more than it already is. It acts slowly but stays in your system for many months. Rest easy. The Benadryl will make you drowsy but the shot of solumedrol will not allow you to sleep so tomorrow you may feel like a zombie. By Friday you should feel no ill effects. Good luck Rob and let us know how it goes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton Rob View Post
    Hey all, Rob here.

Well, after several months and numerous phone calls, I start my infusions of Rituxan tomorrow.... I was finally able to meet with Dr Yacyshyn in Edmonton (Thanks Marta for her contact info and the urging to connect with her) I'm not going to say that she made me more at ease with this new drug but she certainly made me understand that I can't stay on Cyclophosphamide any longer and that this is my next best option. I am certainly most worried about the possible severe side effects for someone with an already compromised immune system. I'm staying positive and planning to be back at work again on Friday.

Wish me luck!
    If you could handle the side effects of CTX you should do OK with RTX since it generally has less side effects. Your immune system should start to rebound some too after you get off the CTX. You might feel a bit off for awhile from the infusion but the steroids generally give you a little high and some energy to help you feel better. Just don't over do it since those feelings won't last. Good luck with the treatment.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!