Hi there, I'm new here. Has anyone else had a problem with Rituxan slowing down their heart too much?

I never had heart trouble before. But we had to stop my infusion because my heart rate dipped into the teens and I had this doomed feeling like I was being put to sleep like a dog. Couldn't keep my eyes open and I felt like I could stop breathing and never wake up. A huge dose of prednisone gave me jitters while concomitant benedryl made me sleepy. I had to keep telling myself "wake up! stay awake!"... only to realize that the next moment I'd sunken eerily into unconsciousness again. My husband came to my rescue thankfully and demanded the nurse call the doc. When the doctors were FINALLY informed, they were shocked to learn that it had gone that far and told them to stop Rituxan immediately.

It took days for my heart rate and blood pressure to come "back to life."

I remember signing a waver about heart failure and heart attacks. But benedryl always makes me sleepy and this was a big dose of that too. It's all so confusing. The doctors will not give me any more Rituxan... ever. Even when I asked again.

Cytoxan again. I was 28 married and no kids yet and this was very very hard news.