Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: I could use some prayers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last night we had a hospice consult. Mom was not doing well. Today I had a Rheumy appointment on the ride home I was told she is waiting on me to sign dnr. It wasn't a dnr... Mom is now in hospice care. I was told we are looking at days until coma then only days after that. I do hurt hearing this but also have comfort. The renal failure taking her will be far more peaceful then cancer eating her away and her being in pain. Thank you everyone for the support.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chris,I am so sorry to hear about the sad news about your mom. My prayers are with her and you and your sister.May you all be given the strength to go these final days and the ones there after. I hope you are able to enjoy some time together with her. Take care ....hugs..
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So sad about this Chris. I hope your family is able to be together and to find peace in your Mom's last days. She is blessed to have you.
    Jacquie (aka Lifelong Booknut)

Updated status: "Honorary Weggie"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My heart is going out to you and your family...
    please let her know that she is going to a better place...
    sending prayers to you, her and your family.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The good lord didn't waste any time. I was at the hospital with her in her hospice room. Laying on the couch the nurse tapped my shoulder and told me she was gone at 2:07. She was given her anxiety medicine at 1:30. So once she was comfortable she was done. Thank you everyone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Chris, I cry with you... she is in peace now, in the presence of God, no more pains, no more sufferings... it is us who are left on earth who need to endure the sore longing for our departed loved ones... sending prayers and love.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chris, I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your mom. You are right,at least the good Lord did not make her suffer.I pray you and your loved ones can find peace with this and know that she will always be with you.
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So sorry Chris, losing a loved one is not easy, we can know there is no more pain. Prayers to you and your family.
    Dale
    Dx Aug, 2009 Remission June 2010 until 8/1/2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chris, this makes my heart heavy this morning, which is as it should be, as we are here to share your burden in any way we can. Thanks for keeping us updated along the way, it means a lot. It's good that your mom did not suffer and was comfortable and at peace when the time came. You are right, it is so much better than letting the cancer continue to do its painful and destructive work. May you be comforted by knowing her anxiety is gone, and she is everlastingly at peace now. May you, your sister, and all other loved ones, be guided through this difficult transition by the grace of a higher power, and know that your mom will always be with you.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry to hear of your Mom's passing. You did everything you could to make sure her suffering was minimized. I know you'll miss her...
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast