Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: I could use some prayers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Debra C View Post
    That's a good explanation, Are her kidneys still improving ? Is that what is holding up the chemo treatment. Well she does have some things going for her,shes young and she has a strong will to live,that can do a lot.And maybe they will come up with a treatment that may work on all 3. Maybe they should try some rtx infusions..that seems to be a cure all. Hope all continues to go well. Don't give up her her cuz she hasn't.And try to get some rest....Keep us posted

They can add radioactive mouse cells to RTX and get Zevalin which is highly effective on some resistant cancers. I know one woman who was considered terminal and was cancer free after some Zevalin treatment. Most cancer treatments are quite toxic to the body and thus they require that you have enough health to survive the treatment. The doctors can tell what treatment options are available and what might be most suitable. A consult with an expert facility like Mayo would be a good step too since they often specialize in treating the most difficult and challenging cases.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chris, I am so sorry to hear your Mom is in such bad shape. I am wishing her all the best for a good plan of attack against all that has stricken her. Please try to keep your strength up, by resting when you can. I am hoping for a blessing soon for you Mom and all of you.
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a update. She is still alive and kicking but still in the hospital. The insurance company wont pay for a move out. The reasoning is she has certain needs that her coverage will only pay for while she is in a hospital not in a specialized nursing care facility. Until her doctor says she does not need them the hospital is where she will stay. Unless thru some miracle she gets good enough to come home. You never know when she went in I didn't believe she would make it this long so..... Anyways there is a new complication but it is more a annoyance for her right now being in the hospital as well as makes it hard to take my nieces up so they only come 1 at a time with mom so she can keep a close eye on them. Mom has C-Diff. I wont go into details. But know that its contagious but only by touching surfaces then not washing before eating or things like that. So I am safe so far I wash my hands every time I leave hospitals. Thanks to immunosuppressants. Any rate that is the current up date. thank you all for the thoughts and prayers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Chris sorry to hear your mom has c-diff..I had it and I was soooo sick I lost about 20 ibs but that is because I had a terrible dr at the time who didn't think I was sick until I ended up in the hosp. You get it from taking to many antibiotics, I got it when I had an ear infection and was given 3 different antibiotics because it would not go away.When thinking back may have been one of the first signs of wg. But it takes way all your good bacteria. She needs yogart and gatoraid...well Im sure they now at the hosp.I feel so bad for her ,as if she isn't going thru enough already.
    Have the drs come up with a treatment plan for the cancer ?
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad to hear things are a bit better, I am sorry that their is another complication to deal with. I will be keeping her and you in my thoughts. Please take care of yourself also. All the best to you and your family.
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So my head is in a whirlwind right now. Just throwing out what I know. This may or may not be hard to follow. She may be moving today if not tomorrow after dialysis to a extended care facility. But also hospice is a possibility. She is seriously considering it. You can think you are ready and you can know all the information. But you are never ready for when your parent accepts it. The first words out of her mouth to me yesterday morning was. "I don't think I'm going to make it out of here". It hit me hard. I knew that, my sister knew that even the whole family knew that. But none of us would say that to her and before yesterday she was making plans for when she got out.
    I'm just a bit lost right now.

Thank you all for being somewhere I can turn too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chris, I know its hard to think about losing a parent,I have lost my dad and my mother is in so much pain from 4 bad back surgeries that she cries everyday and says she doesn't want to keep going on. Your mom realizes her situation and knows the outcome doesn't look good but she also knows there is a chance and maybe once she gets out of the hosp. her attitude will get better, Stay positive...that will help her also. Are her kidneys getting better ?
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so sorry, Chris. I can understand how your mom's acceptance of the reality of this would hit you extra hard when hearing her express it. After all this time of sort of keeping it under the rug, so to speak. I hope Debra is right that there is still some hope, and if she does go to another facility or to hospice, that glimmer of hope will keep her going. Outside of the current hospital setting, I hope there will be some opportunities to get out and enjoy life a little. My thoughts will remain with her and you.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chris, I am so very sorry to hear this. My hope for you is that your Mom's acceptance might be a good thing ultimately. as Anne has suggested.Finding the right facility might allow more freedom and the ability for all of you to be together more easily as a family. If it relieves a certain amount of stress and allows for more freedom, it might even lengthen your time together. I am glad that you have found this forum.
    Jacquie (aka Lifelong Booknut)

Updated status: "Honorary Weggie"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris.wg View Post
    So my head is in a whirlwind right now. Just throwing out what I know. This may or may not be hard to follow. She may be moving today if not tomorrow after dialysis to a extended care facility. But also hospice is a possibility. She is seriously considering it. You can think you are ready and you can know all the information. But you are never ready for when your parent accepts it. The first words out of her mouth to me yesterday morning was. "I don't think I'm going to make it out of here". It hit me hard. I knew that, my sister knew that even the whole family knew that. But none of us would say that to her and before yesterday she was making plans for when she got out.
    I'm just a bit lost right now.

Thank you all for being somewhere I can turn too.
    I think that I know how it feels to be with your loved one dying... words are not enough to describe ... being frightened, overwhelmed, confused, helpless..... so much agony..... I can only cry with you and pray for you and her.... I think that it is good thing that she is ready to go. it can bring all of you more peace. sending hugs to you. please take care of yourself as well.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast