Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: I could use some prayers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chris, So happy to hear your Mom is improving. She will also feel better i'm sure when she gets to leave the hospital. Wishing all the best for you guys.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chris, thinking of you and your mom. How is she doing? Is she well enough to leave the hospital?
    Karen; dx'ed April 2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got horrible news today... Cancer biopsies are all in. The reason for the hard diagnosis of primary cancer is she is a rare case. 3 primary... doctor had presenter her case to a tumor board <never heard of this until today> given her current state they believe chemo would only make things worse for her. This was really the only treatment option left for her. He recommends hospice. She and I talked today about this. Her kidney function had come up to 16% right now she is holding onto that. I pray she is able to pull thru the kidney issues in time for some sort of treatment. But it is not looking very promising.

As always thank you for your prayer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chris,

I am so sorry to hear things aren't going better. Hugs and prayers going out to you both.

Mary

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chris,so sorry to hear about the bad news you got. Why is she a rare case ? It is good to hear her kidneys are improving,hopefully they will come up with a treatment plan.Are you still talking with the dr from the U of M ? Still praying for you both
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for sharing your very disappointing and heartbreaking news, Chris. I can only wish and hope for peace and comfort for your mom, or perhaps a second and better opinion. This must be so hard on all of you and you are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speechless... I am sorry... praying for her & you...
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thinking of u both
    And saying a prayer too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days. I have been very busy and worn out as you may have guessed. She is still choosing to fight which means she is still in the hospital right now. She dose have her bad days and gets mad at the doctors and nurses. But she also knows what leaving means. Debra the reason she is considered a rare case as it was explained to me. Most people when they have cancer spread thru their body it has a single point of origin and the cancer cells are primarily of that kind. Rare cases they have 2 distinct types of cancer. My mother has 3. I'm not even sure how it is possible but that is what has happened in her case. With 3 types of cancer cells chemo is going to be a tougher call. So even if she ever got her self healthy enough to survive chemo finding the right treatment is going to be very very challenging.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a good explanation, Are her kidneys still improving ? Is that what is holding up the chemo treatment. Well she does have some things going for her,shes young and she has a strong will to live,that can do a lot.And maybe they will come up with a treatment that may work on all 3. Maybe they should try some rtx infusions..that seems to be a cure all. Hope all continues to go well. Don't give up her her cuz she hasn't.And try to get some rest....Keep us posted
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast