Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I could use some prayers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only similar to she has now. We will not make her a category 3 unless she wants it. She has made that clear thru her life to me. But as far as recessitation her answer has always kind of been the same. She thinks she will be able to make that call. It is part of her stubbornness. She has always felt that way and when it happened with my grandfather because she didn't want to let go <even though everyone knew where he was at> she in her mind feels that saying number 2 is giving them permission to let you die and she always has. So as her family we are honoring her wishes. But can't get her to realize that number 2 is not that it is just making it so they don't bring her back and leave the call to myself and sister. I have tried to get my sister to see that I will be ok. It wont be easy but as her next of kin and knowing my mothers mentality I have been preparing for this for some time. Problem is my sister is about to leave back home she has family obligations there. She doesn't want me stuck with that call. And it causes her to break down also. As strong as I can be and have been when you take everything that has happened and add into it watching my baby sister not able to handle it... I tend to need a spot to talk things thru.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thinking of you today Chris, hope you all find peace.
    Dale
    Dx Aug, 2009 Remission June 2010 until 8/1/2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chris talk away any time ,you know that.I feel bad that your sister has to leave and you are there to handle everything. Remember though you need to take care of yourself also so you won't get sick.Keep us posted
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well the oncologist confirmed finally it is cancer. But he contacted the U of M <same place I go for treatment> They said treatment is possible without kidneys explained the process. We first need to confirm the type of cancer though. It is most likely ovarian but could be cervical. Only using cytology from fluid drawn. The cancer markers are a bit unusual and react like ovarian. But the unusual markers were seen a few times last year as cervical and misdiagnosed. She will see a obgyn since a biopsy of the areas is still out of the question. He gave us his prognosis. Its not good. Treatment will sustain life but she is dieing and eventually there will be a time the treatment is worse for her then the cancer. He discussed all this with us before U of M contacted him. If ovarian he has had a paticent live up to 10 years also had some die with in months so he is hesitant to give us a time but says the average is 3 years. Not knowing the specifics of the other women compared to our situation it still does not look good. But... just keep her in your prayers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris.wg View Post
    just keep her in your prayers.
    Yes, we will do so.... Good to know more about what is going on. Hoping for the best possible quality of life for her for as long as it lasts.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chris.wg,

I am so sorry that this situation is so bad. I did this with my mom, however she was 93 so was very different with your mom being so young. I am in the Kalamazoo area so I know what a great place U of M can be. I hope they can help her there hugs and prayer's out to you all.

Mary

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chris, I know its bad but the U of M does give you hope knowing there is treatment she can do.And hopefully her kidneys will start improving.I am keeping in you both in my prayers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thinking of you
    Hugs & prayers x

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you all. Mom got the chest tube out today. She hasn't had any drainage in 3 or 4 days. That is good from the comfort level for her. She is still in the hospital and still has the tubes in her kidneys to drain them. They had her sitting up for a hour the other day. Hopefully we can get more days like that so she can start to feel somewhat normal. I no longer feel like we are looking at the difference in weeks and months for her. Unfortunately living with someone who had wide spread cancer with my step father I do know we are probably looking at short years or less. But it is better then thinking I was going to lose her that week I brought her in she was so touch and go. The 2 of us have been discussing the options between home health and assisted living care when she gets out. "I will never say around her if she gets out." She right now wants home health care but is willing to do assisted living if that is needed. She dose have some of the fight back in her and doesn't like her situation but also understands it's how she is still alive and is dealing with it.

Thank you all for the prayers.

Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad to hear she is starting to feel better,I'm sure having the chest tubes taken out helped a lot.Hope she will be able to come home soon...that will make her a lot better since she hates hospitals so much. Take care of yourself

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast