Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Bleh

For my 5th anniversary of getting sick I appear to have gotten a flare. GPA the gift that keeps on giving We tried to increase Pred to head things off...and that seemed to work for about 2 days then things got worse again. Starting to wonder if there is somethign weird in the environment this time of year.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems that with the abrupt transition from early April to late June, every plant in the area has thrown off immense amounts of pollen. Could be an allergy symptom.

Is everything ok with you, otherwise?
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am approaching my second year anniversary and hoping that this is not a flare. Prednisone seemed to be helping a little so my doctor is hopeful it was just some sort of wicked infection. I hope that things get better for you. I've heard everyone complaining about how horrible their allergies are this year. In California, our weather has been extremely messed up so it's out of control!!
    Big hugs to you!
    Officially Diagnosed 07/31/2013

My blog: http://nikkinicolealison.com

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So sorry, Bob. I tend to get minor flares in the winter and then have allergy issues starting in late winter and early spring, and going through mid summer. Prednisone can definitely help allergy symptoms as well as flares, so it might be hard to tell which it is helping most or how much you might need to take care of both. As for other stuff in the air..... could be, too.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bob....I was just thinking ... I haven't seen anything from Psyborg in awhile....and here you are! Hope it is not a fkare and that you are better very soon!!
    Jacquie (aka Lifelong Booknut)

Updated status: "Honorary Weggie"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

double Bleh!!! Hope it goes away & you are better soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bob, I'm just catching up with this one.

I too hope that it is not a full blown flare and that the little white pill (pred) gets things under control quickly.

I'm just back from the USA, and yes, that pollen was flying around nice and freely and the sneezing people were everywhere.

Get well soon mate
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry been out of it I'm pretty sure its a flare. Up to 10 and the symptoms came back, then up to 20 and 4 days later the symptoms are back. It's the wicked fatigue mainly and some random pains. I'll be giving the Doc a call on Monday.

Sorry I've been a bit MIA. Work has been a little stressful and have been doing brainless activities in my off time
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have been MIA, Bob! And, you were missed!

I had to go back on pred, too, but nothing at the levels you are on. I went to 10, but was way to wired, so backed off to 7.5 and doing very well.

Do you think you'll have to go higher than 20? Sure hope not! Keep us informed on your progress. I hope you can get it under control.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure this is my first serious flare up. For the first time in a while I can feel something not right in my airway. No idea on ye olde prednisone dosage. I'm probably going up to see the doctor next week, but hoping she can get started ordering RTX before then.

Previous flare ups have mostly been pain and minor fatigue. With one time having a rash. This actually feels more like the first time again. My personal doctor said she'd increase my Citralopram if I felt like the stress caused this....which I know it did. That said I really am reluctant to take more of anything
    ~ Bob

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast