Thread: Overcoming Adversity - FEAT Canada Presentation

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Overcoming Adversity - FEAT Canada Presentation

Hello,

It's been a while since I've been on this site. Sorry for only watching from the sidelines. This is another short update on the success of the Autoimmune Expedition (ski/climb/ride to Mt Rainier to raise money for GPA).

A couple months ago I was recruited to present at the 5th annual FEAT Canada event in my hometown (North Vancouver). This was a TED talk-like format where each speaker was given 7 minutes and 20 slides (only images, now words). It was meant to be about a specific part of a trip or expedition. I spoke about the third day and how I felt overwhelmed and discouraged, but found a way to keep pushing along to accomplish my goal. For me, this was an ambitious goal but I'm sure we can all draw parallels. My only advice is to get out there and try something. Don't worry about the outcome, just go for the journey. Maybe it's a physical challenge, maybe it's a trip, or just an outing. I hope you all have a chance to watch this 7 minute video clip, and please let me know how I did. https://youtu.be/38FgjSewRbY?list=PLFi6OOI2yyrW0aQkI4Xj9dS38jFwfOMo 9

FYI. I've had GPA since Oct 2010. Went through cyclo, high-dose pred, plasmaphoresis, etc. Ended up failing on Cyclo and switched to Rituxan in 2012. Since then things have been good. I've had a couple courses of Rx and use Cellcept as a maintenance drug (with Septra). I also had a baby just over a year ago and have LOVED being a new parent. I'm glad I have the energy to enjoy my little dude. I hope everyone is doing well or on there way.

Thanks.

Peter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't watched the video yet, but I did follow you when you were on the expedition.

Congratulations on the birth of your son, although he is now a one year old.
    I'm so glad that you can share your days with him and I'm happy that you are doing great
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS