Likes Likes:  0

Thread: I Want A Massage!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I Want A Massage!

But someone said that would enhance the immune system which would not be good. If that's the case, we shouldn't be taking probiotics!SOMEONE on this site is still getting massages, I'm sure, and is doing just fine!

David

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a massage given to me for Christmas in 2013. It felt great!! No post massage issues and the kinks in my neck and shoulders eased.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

David,I don't think a massage would hurt you,if you have any concerns check with your dr. but I bet you would be fine
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBEY32 View Post
    But someone said that would enhance the immune system which would not be good. If that's the case, we shouldn't be taking probiotics!SOMEONE on this site is still getting massages, I'm sure, and is doing just fine!

David
    I checked this out with some massage therapists who told me it wasn't true. The only real risk to us Weggies was that a very hard vigorous massage could injure some soft tissue if some thing was stretched too far and too hard but that is very unlikely and should never happen with a regular massage. The hype about immune systems was probably started by some unethical massage people as a marketing ploy. They said any reputable therapist would assure you it was safe and might be helpful to your circulation and relaxing too.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with everyone, David. Get the massage.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i got a terrible bad back lying in bed in hospital and told the doctor i was looking forward to getting a good massage and back manipulation. the doctor wasnt convinced that was a good idea but i have had quite vigorous and hard massage with no ill effects, but as we know, we all differ in our reaction to various treatments! good luck and i would go for it!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have regular massages as my back gets quite stiff from time to time and I've never had any adverse affects to my disease.

Although just make sure you're massage therapist isn't too rough with you as I have come away bruised before!!
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack