Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Looking for advice from Canada

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Terri, I am on synthroid too. I have hypothyroidism my sis had Graves disease, her eye popped out, she pretty much ignored her symptoms. Sometimes I wonder if the WG attacked my thyroid? Who knows? Hope you feel better soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Terri2,
    I think that your local docs are clueless and in over their heads. If they're getting sick of you and/or making you think it's all in your head, that's your signal to find more qualified help.

You've really got to get to a good rheumy to have them figure all this out. I suggest a major medical center along the lines of Mayo, Georgetown, UCLA, etc... to get you evaluated properly. If they even suspect a vasculitis, I would then travel to a Vasculitis center for a thorough evaluation by the experts.

A PCP is in no way qualified to diagnose you at this stage. Your symptoms are much too complicated, whether it's Wegs or not. My original PCP was wonderful-- wise and humble enough to know she was in over her head (I had already been diagnosed with Wegs but had a lousy rheumy) She was THRILLED when I got hooked up at Mayo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went to the Dermatologist yesterday to see about the strange itchy spots on my lower legs. He said it is "Stasis Dermatitis" (Vericose Eczema) and that I need to use a cream to clear up the spots and wear class 2 medical support hose forever more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Terri2,
    Do you have varicose veins? I'm wondering why your regular docs didn't dx varicose eczema-- it's quite common.

I just reread your history and suggest that you see a chiropractor for a thorough evaluation. Your original fall seems to have set off a chain reaction, much of which could be explained by neck misalignments. I'm not saying you don't have Wegs or anything serious-- you certainly could. Even if you do, it would benefit you to have clear nervous system communication throughout your body.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Sangye,
    Yes, I have been assessed and treated by a Physiotherapist and a Chiropractor...last year and the year before for a sore shoulder/neck.
    I'm going to assume it's nothing serious unless something else crops up...which hopefully it won't. I see the Neurologist on Feb. 9th about the pain in my head.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay. I sure hope someone can give you some answers soon. It must be very frustrating.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

terri2 I apologize for being so slow in responding. I get rashes and things that look like warts, etc (Jacks description) When I get a diagnosis for these symtoms it is usually Thrush. I cant seem to shake it completely for whatever reason. I know thrush can be caused by antibiotic treatment and some of the inhalers I have used.
    Just a thought
    Lisa Coffeelover

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234