Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Post-op depression

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Post-op depression

Hi all...i had surgery on friday to remove an endometreoma. It was out patient. I was in such a daze yesterday. And now today i feel very very depressed. Is this normal...side effects of anaesthesia? How long will it last? I looked it up and it seems real. But i just wonder if any of you-my friends have experienced it? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am happy to here you had your surgery. I think a lot of people can say that they have experienced lows after all different kinds of surgeries. I do think that there are side effects. Just the fact that your body experiences trauma, when ever you have been put under and cut on might cause abnormal feelings and pain. I have had several surgeries, mostly related to endometriosis and can't really remember being depressed, only that the 3rd day always being really rough. I hope you feel better soon, if you continue to feel poorly maybe talk to the doctor about it. Take care of yourself.
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thankyou Jana. Im wondering what makes the 3rd day rough? I had a tap block because they had to open my c-section scar up plus widen it 2 inches. So i have not had pain but he told me it would start tomoro. You sound like the one to talk to about endometriosis though! He really didnt tell me much. He removed a tennis ball sized endometreoma from my c-section scar. He did laproscopy too, and said my uterus is very enlarged...then because i was so drousy he told me not to worry, to just go home and recover and we will discuss it all in 3 weeks at my post op. Seems kinda far away.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It does seem like a long time when you are wondering what's going to be next. I'm sorry that you are having a rough time with endo. It is also an unpredictable disease, but it has been since the nineties that I was treated for it. That was a pretty large piece of endometriosis tissue they took from you know wonder your system is in a shock. Try to rest as much as possible and I know it's hard, but try not to worry, it won't help your condition. Feel free to ask me anything you want and I will try to remember my experiences, if I can, I was much younger then. Take care!
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The duration of side effects from anesthesia usually relate to type and amount given and length of time you were"out". Usually you will feel better in a few days. Hope you have a quick and easy recovery. Any surgery that is invasive can be a shock on the body and healing can take awhile so take it easy if you can.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!