User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: This is all new, scary, and very surreal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's very unfortunate, Karen. It doesn't seem right.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I once had to have a script that had to be made special. My dr. ordered it for me via a compounding pharmacy called professional Arts Pharmacy in Louisiana. Here is the website. Compounding Pharmacy | Professional Arts Pharmacy

Maybe you could check with them and see if they can compund the nixture more cheaply. If they can lower the cost, perhaps your insurance will agree to cover it. They are WONDERFUL people to deal with. Friendly and accomodating. and they do what they promise. They once called me about some detail, and then said that i would have my medicine in 24 hours. I thought to myself..."fat chance from Louisiana to NY"...but sure enough, it was in my hands by the next afternoon.
    Jacquie (aka Lifelong Booknut)

Updated status: "Honorary Weggie"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kaysee View Post
    I have issues with neuropathy in my left leg probably as a result of WG. I did physical therapy for about 12 weeks and was finally able to walk with the help of a cane. My dr then prescribed a neuropathy cream that had the following ingredients: gabapentin, flurbiprofen, cyclobenzaprine, lidocaine. The pharmacy had to make it for me and it expires in a month. It really helped. After about 4 days applying it 4 times a day I was walking pretty well without pain in the leg. Still had some pain from fluid in the hip joint. Well I went to renew the Rx today - and wouldn't you know it - the insurance will no longer cover any of those ingredients. The cost of a months supply was going to be $440. No way I can pay that - so I guess it is back to the dr.
    I seldom have such denials but I know there is an appeal method if I do but have been lucky so far that I have not had to use it. Usually it takes a couple phone calls and then often have the paperwork repeated in order to get some meds covered. Some are denied because there is an over the counter med that often costs the same or less than what the pharmacy carries so those I don't appeal.

Can you appeal the denial to see if it can be covered by your insurance?
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is way cool. We have a joke in my family about flipping through Dr. House episodes to guess which zebra will be the next. Immune problems are like a family curse. I refuse to belive it is not a genetic thing with an environmental trigger. This will be very handy!
    Experience is the only way to survive. <3 Rini Orange

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good to see you back, Rini, and glad you are doing well!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123