Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Days following methotrexate

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Days following methotrexate

Does anyone else experience serious fatigue -like stay on the couch all day fatigue - the day after taking weekly mtx? How long does it last? Ive been on it for years and its always been this way. Im on 15mg a week. I KNOW im not alone!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes !!!!!
    I take mine Sunday mornings by mid afternoon I'm yawning non stop . Usually sick a fair few times
    Then go to bed normal time then sleep in till lunch time Monday or if I've gotten up normal time always go back to bed mid morning . By the Tuesday I'm usually feeling less tired . I'm on 20 mg , since January 2015
    This is normal right ???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I inject .8ml once weekly. I usually feel some mild to moderate nausea and/or fatigue the next day. Sometimes it's not very noticeable, but other times it keeps me down a bit. From what I've read on this forum and elsewhere, it seems one's tolerance to the various meds we take is highly variable by individual and also can change over time... for better or worse.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm on 15 mg/wk. I split the dose in half taking it with breakfast and supper on Wednesday. I start feeling a bit tired on Wednesday afternoon and continuing until midday Friday. The fatigue is noticeable, but not debilitating.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes! And stomach issues. I do injectable and just started rituxen so the two combined wipes me out for a few days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm also on 15mg. a week. I split the dose so I take 4 pills at night before bed and can sleep through it, and then take the other 2 the next morning. I have a lot less nausea or general yucky feeling than I did when first taking it about 3 years ago. Sometimes I feel nothing. Other times I'll be going about my business but just will feel a little "off" and then go "oh, yeah....". I think it can vary with whatever else is going on, stress level, lack of sleep, that sort of thing. It doesn't tend to affect my sleep, though. I think taking all or part of it at night would be worth trying if you haven't..... When I took the whole dose at night, it was noticeably a little worse than splitting the dose, though. I don't think that I would ever take the whole dose during the day.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never thought that the mtx could be causing my general malaise. I'm tired a lot, but blamed it on the disease and never even considered the drugs. I take 20mg mtx qwk. Originally, I was on 30mg mtx qwk and that amount made me a bit sick -- uncomfortable sick. I've been on 20 for about 4 years and never associated it with being tired. Sure wish I knew. I am certain that I'm tired a lot.... :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vdub View Post
    I never thought that the mtx could be causing my general malaise. I'm tired a lot, but blamed it on the disease and never even considered the drugs. I take 20mg mtx qwk. Originally, I was on 30mg mtx qwk and that amount made me a bit sick -- uncomfortable sick. I've been on 20 for about 4 years and never associated it with being tired. Sure wish I knew. I am certain that I'm tired a lot.... :-)
    I think a lot of us, if not most, are tired a lot regardless of what drugs we take. We all have different variations of the disease and some can take more of a toll that way than others. I think the meds can add to it, but it is probably some of both. I figure a lot of the tiredness could be from lack of oxygen getting to our vital tissues and organs due to the inflammation and damage in our blood vessels. I don't really know, though.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mom is a big advocate for me when it comes to mtx. She tells ppl "dont bother Amanda on mondays because she takes her chemo sunday nights and it really wipes her out" . Its not easy for me to say no even when i really need to, so i appreciate that she says this. Mostly its to my siblings who often need a sitter for thier babies...and honestly i do struggle to keep up with my own 5 and 9 year olds-expecially on mondays

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My fatigue and muscle weakness used to last 2 - 3 days after taking methotrexate. Now it is more like 4 - 5 days. I take 20 MG a week. My doctor's at the Mayo Clinic just prescribed Leflunomide in place of the methotrexate. I will wait until later in the week when the ill effects of the Methotrexate wear off before starting that one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast