Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Thank you

Three years ago this week I was admitted to the hospital with what appeared to be sinusitis, a ruptured ear drum and pneumonia in both lungs with a abscess in my left. Two and a half weeks later I learned I had this strange sounding hard to pronounce disease, which since has rolled off my tongue more times then I would care to count. I thanked my friends and family and that includes those online suffering the same as I. Some times all we need to stay sane or out of depression is to know other care. So to you all I also say thank you for being somewhere I can turn to post or just read.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's what we're here for, Chris. Be well!
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chris.wg
    Thanks to u too
    Stay well
    This forum helps/saves/advises me all the time

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chris, I think this forum is a place we all need to keep us sane and vent and learn and on and on.Hope all is well with you and THANK YOU ANDREW for keeping it going.
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chris, thanks for your post and for reminding us to give thanks more often. I am thankful for this forum, for Andrew and all his work, and for each and every one of you who post and share your thoughts as well as for providing support.
    Karen; dx'ed April 2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel the same way, Chris. It has been four years this month for me. This forum has been with me all the way, saving my sanity, calming my fears, and opening up a whole new world of friendship and support. It is the only good thing about having gotten this dumb disease, and it has been more than just good, it has been the best thing I could ever have imagined.. Thank you, Andrew, vdub, and everyone here who has participated in the discussions by sharing their insights and experiences.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chris, you've captured exactly how all of us feel but never explicitly express. My gratitude to all fellow travelers who have no idea how helpful they have been and for which I am at a loss for words.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I view the forum as sort of a security blanket where I can search for, or ask for helpful info when I need it or get a sympathetic response when I feel need for some support. Staying in touch with with my fellow travelers coping with Wegs helps me to feel less alone with this strange disease and all its weird manifestations. The feelings of sadness when we lose a member reminds us how strongly we can get attached to the members on this forum.
    Last edited by drz; 04-15-2015 at 01:59 AM.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drz View Post
    I view the forum as sort of a security blanket where I can search for, or ask for helpful info when I need it or get a sympathetic response when I feel need for some support. Staying in touch with with fellow travelers coping with Wegs helps me not to feel feel so alone with this strange disease and all its weird manifestations. The feelings of sadness when we lose a member reminds us how strongly we can get attached to the members on this forum.
    Well said!!!

My sentiments exactly.
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure would be nice if we didn't belong to this little cult, though, wouldn't it? :-) But, it is a nice place to find out info, see what's happening to others and occasionally vent.