Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I believe I am Cured

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I believe I am Cured

Hello all. I don't wish to give people false hope but I need to pass this on. I nearly died last year with a bacteria infected aeortic valve that I believe was induced from the excessive immuno suppressant drugs from treatment for my wegners. I have read countless stuff on the internet that i will not go into now suffice to say I believe I cured myself.

I did 3 things that I believe have made this impact.
    • Read " A Course in Miracles"
    • Cut back on all sugar and carbs
    • And studied Prof Butykeo and the importance of balanced Carbon Dioxide and Oxygen, this man is a genius!

Most people with chronic diseases take in too much oxygen, snore and don't get the proper balance of carbon dioxide, critical for the red blood cells.

I am in splendid health, after my second open heart surgery and severe affects of Wegners, I am now on 2 mil of Prednisolone. I will wean myself off all this also. This is incredible as I have on as much as 75 mil.

Everyday I take Spirulina, Chlorella and Tumeric. All the nutrients we need are in these 3 three wonder foods. ( powdered form )

I also tape my mouth closed every evening to prevent snoring.

I am ecstatic, won my grade in the golf club championships and going strength to strength.

I also have a wonderful wife and son.

Good luck to you all. you CAN beat this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am happy that you have cured yourself. I have not. I have not read " A Couurse in Miracles" although I believe in miracles. I also have cut back on sugar and carbs as a matter of fact almost no sugar. As far as Dr. Butykeo, when I see him on the Vasculitis Foundation website, I will consider his input. As for now, I am waiting to get oxygen therapy so I will be able to breathe. I can not eat the "wonder foods" of which you speak due to DVT and filter in vena cava along with already having a PE. Pulmonary Embolism. So please don't tell me I can cure myself, or give false hope to others.
    Dx Aug, 2009 Remission June 2010 until 8/1/2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that's wonderful, Aussie fella, and I am so happy that you have found remission from WG.

I'm not sure it is a cure but long term remission is something that we all achieve.

I am also with Dale in that I cannot eat those three miracle substances, and I also wouldn't be able to breathe at all if I taped my mouth shut, because of the internal collapse in my nose making it impossible to breathe through it.

My rheumy once told me that I could be an instant millionaire if I found a cure for remission. I hope that it is true, that you have done so.

I don't believe that you are giving false hope to others but I do believe that everyone's situation is different, such as mine and Dale's, and that sometimes what has worked for someone wont necessarily work for everyone.

Thankyou for sharing your joy and good luck with the final 2mg of pred.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting I am glad this appears to have worked for you but I already restrict carbs and sugar and I only started snoring after Wegener's damaged my nose and sinuses. It was one of the first symptoms. This sort is in line with the person who claimed to be a doctor told me if I sat upright (I was standing at the time) I would be able to breath better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Swb21188 View Post
    This sort is in line with the person who claimed to be a doctor told me if I sat upright (I was standing at the time) I would be able to breath better.

WHAT THE !!!!! Gosh we have some interesting doctors/quacks
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it would be optimistic and certainly premature to declare a cure when you are still on pred. I'm glad you are feeling better, but that might be a result of losing weight and getting exercise.

Personally, I don't trust anything I find on the internet, no matter how compelling the argument is, unless there is multiple supporting scientific evidence and reputable experimentation. I totally don't trust anything stated by a doctor (or any other professional) where he also sells the cure. Greed and the lust for money is a powerful incentive to mislead desperate people looking for relief from a desperate situation.

If you really think you have found a cure, then I would contact the Royal Melbourne Hospital vasculitis center and ask to be entered into a study to prove the cure. If they respond to you with keen interest, then you might really be onto something.

There is one other thought... You never did say (even in your original post) that you have actually been diagnosed with wegs. A wegs diagnosis is done through exclusion. There is no definitive marker to positively say you do or don't have wegs. Is it possible you had sarcoidosis, which has similar symptoms as other auto-immune diseases. The interesting thing about sarcoidosis is that "About half of cases resolve without treatment or can be cured within 12–36 months, and most within five years."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by renidrag View Post
    I am happy that you have cured yourself. I have not. I have not read " A Couurse in Miracles" although I believe in miracles. I also have cut back on sugar and carbs as a matter of fact almost no sugar. As far as Dr. Butykeo, when I see him on the Vasculitis Foundation website, I will consider his input. As for now, I am waiting to get oxygen therapy so I will be able to breathe. I can not eat the "wonder foods" of which you speak due to DVT and filter in vena cava along with already having a PE. Pulmonary Embolism. So please don't tell me I can cure myself, or give false hope to others.
    I thought I would pass on my views, I will not be posting again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just out of curiousity for you folks who have stated that you cannot take Spirulina, Chlporella, and Tumeric. Why? Is this something that is bad for Weggies?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aussiefella View Post
    Dear fella,
    it is kind and generous of you to share what works for you. it is also decent of others to share how they see it. with total respect for each other. please don't be offended. you are invited to share with us whatever you feel like, even tough some will see it differently then you. I am glad for you that you have being cured. continue to take good care of yourself. God bless you.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aussiefella View Post
    Dear fella,
    I can sense your excitement from your post and I am happy for you that you believe you are cured. However, most of us on here have tried many many things and we are not cured, not even in remission. Please do not be offended when someone does not share the same excitement and disagrees with you because they are not in the same place as you believe you are. Some may be suspicious because of the use of the word "cure". We have all been told by our doctors and by much research that there is no cure for this dumb disease. But we can receive treatment, and we may go into remission, and live a fairly normal life. At least some of us but surely not all of us. I myself am doing very well right now, but I expect that one day I will die from the complications of this disease. I have accepted that and I'm not expecting a cure, but I will continue doing things that will promote good health.

Please do not feel that you should not post again just because you do not get excited responses from all of us. I hope you will continue to be a part of the forum and let us know more about your diagnosis and treatment.
    Karen; dx'ed April 2014

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast