Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CT results

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default CT results

I got my ct scan result back today,and all looked pretty good BUT it said I had tiny nodules in my thyroid ranging up to 4mm.Which I never had nodules there before Also it said I had " dependent atelectasis " which I never heard of before so of course I googled it and read on the Mayo Clinic site that is is a complete or partial collapse of the lung or lobe !!! So I'm thinking WTH. I thought I overdid my excercise and its saying my lung is partially collapsed ! That would explain why it is so hard to breathe and being so dizzy.I will try to get ahold of the drs tomorrow but they will probably all be out for Easter, I know my pcp is. Has anyone else had this ????
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm, not the best of news Deb...hang tough. My wife had small nodules on her thyroid...docs ended up taking it completely out as the nods were precancerous. Hope not the same for you as most 'bodies' have nodules throughout their organs and musculatures of some sort...most are not dangerous. Best to you kiddo.
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have not had this either. But like Don says most bodies have things have nodules. I have things in my liver which they tell me not to worry about. I guess it is good to know why it has been hard to breath but it isn't exactly great news.
    I have no idea what it means to have a partially collapsed lung.
    I just did some quick googles and I did see cases where this healed up on its own for some people. Lets hope that it works out that way for you. Focus on the fact that the rest of your CT looked good for now. If you can't get any info right away try and have a good Easter anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had several nodules on my thyroid and one thyroid was 3x normal size, but there were no worries to speak of. I had it checked once a year and no problems. That having been said, an opportunity came up to have my thyroid removed, so I took it. My thyroid was of no use to me since the pituitary was gone, so there was little point in having it hang around. Unless advised otherwise, I wouldn't worry about the thyroid nodules. Oh, btw, if for whatever reason they want to biopsy the nodule -- easy procedure.

As for the lung -- I don't have any experience in that area. I do have granulomas on my lungs, but nothing like a partial collapse. I hope they can find the problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A partially collapsed lung, now that can't be much fun

My brother did have this many years ago, and yes it corrected itself. I hope it does for you too.

I hope the doctors have some better answers for you, after the Easter break.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for sharing the results, Deb. I, too, would be a little perplexed about what it all means. I would go with the encouraging posts above and hope for the best. Let us know when you know more.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't speak to the thyroid issues but my husband (who has WG) has atelectasis. In the absence of other findings, no one is all that concerned because it can be caused by simple gravity and may come and go.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

K,so heres the latest ... I called my pulmy today and he had 2 patients to see then was doing paperwork in the office before going to the hosp. I told the sec. about the scan ( I had even ran into the dr. at the hosp. the day I had the scan and he asked how I was and I told him what was up ) but anyway I asked if I could see him since he only had 2 patients and she said NO..so I asked if he would looked at the scan and get back with me. In the meantime I called CC and the sec got hold of Dr. Langford who was seeing patients.She wanted me to fax the report since the disc didn't arrive so shortly after I did she called me and asked what was my concern,so I told her about where it said my lung was collapsed.And she said she could she where that could be confusing but that is from laying on a flat surface and your lungs don't get filled up when they took pics.She was happy to see that I am keeping up with my health issues. But since that isn't the problem she wants me up there Tues. and have an echo of my heart and she will write a script to have my thyroid checked here. She is soooo good and I feel so stupid but she said she wanted to put me a ease. On the other hand the pulmy sec called me back and said the "He said you are fine,that nothing is wrong with you now or last year " What a f..... jerk !
    So I have to see if my ins will go thru by Tues for the scan.I thought about going to the er and just seeing if I could get it done here.
    But that's what going on...NO collapsed lung,still having bad chest pains and dizzy and soo tired, I need to get better,I go to Fl. in 3 weeks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deb,
    I hope you get to CC to have Dr. Langford make the calls and have your tests done. You need to get better so you can enjoy your trip to Florida, wishing you all the best. By the way,we may have just missed each other, I was at CC having some testing last Monday and Tuesday. Take care!
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well They were able to get my ins. to approve the test,which surprised me since this all took place Fri afternoon and Mon morn she called and said I was good to go with the echo. The lady said she put it on the top of her lists to get done since I was seeing the dr.
    I also got my " monthlys " back and everything was GOOD. My sed rate went from 35 down to 15 and my crp went from 2.1 to .01. So all I need to do is breathe and I'll be fine !!! I really think I may have strained my chest from excersizing (trying to keep up with Pete !) and maybe a sinus infection from all this lovely weather.
    Jana,I wished I would have been able to meet you up there. I hope all your tests went well.Keep us posted.
    Oh,I was wondering the dr. wanted me to see a specilised for my osterporsis so I saw one last week and he wants to me to go on Boniva but I have heard some bad things about that,anyone else taking anything.My parmy told me to take testestorone ??? (sp ?)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast