Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: lowest Pred before stopping

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MaxD View Post
    Sounds very reasonable. After 7 mg, I tapered down by 1mg every two weeks until getting off prednisone. 3 months later, I'm mostly recovered from withdrawal. Now I need to get into a strict exercise regimen - if only getting started were easy!
    Just.start!! One.step.at.a.time. If you want to find support, get fitness tips, or just commiserate, go to the thread "Any virtual workout buddies out there?" Start slow and increase your effort gradually. I have a working hypothesis that weggies who exercise regularly do better at managing the disease than those who can't or won't exercise.
    Last edited by Pete; 04-07-2015 at 05:32 AM.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have just done 4 days alternating 5mg and zero - have been feeling pretty uncomfortable today after zero yesterday so think I may stop the reduction for a bit and take it a bit slower. Has anybody else experienced this when trying to drop quickly? (I know most drop much more slowly - this is certainly the fastest I have been asked to drop!)
    Diagnosed July 2009

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, didn't work well at all for me. Got to 5, started feeling poorly, went to 3, started symptomatic crap again...went back to 5 for about 3 mos, then dropped 1 per month, worked that time. Am off it now. I don't understand why docs keep that kind of drop up when the patient doesn't react well...hear it often on here. Best to you, you'll get there.
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine was 2.5, then I stopped. I haven't been on Pred since March 2012, started in Dec 2010. I hope to be off Pred forever
    Nicole

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123