Likes Likes:  0

Thread: RTX only for maintenance?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default RTX only for maintenance?

I had a RTX infusion in Sept. '14 and a 2nd infusion two weeks later. My kidney function has improved, my lung nodules have shrunk, but my SED rate remains ~55. Both Dr. villa-Forte and my local rheumy are thinking to do another round of RTX to hopefully lower my sed rate and put me in remission. (Yay!! ). I am currently on 5mg of pred, 150 of Azathiorone, and bactrim every other day.

My question is how many of us are using only RTX for maintenance. Dr.Villa-Forte is recommending another round of RTX (w/ intervals to be determined) and stopping th aza, then weaning pred as able.

Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dr Villa Forte Rx'd two infusions of rtx for me on October '13. Stopped some kidney involvement from worsening. All my labs are normal. She has had me at 15 mg/wk of mtx and 3 mg/day of pred since this past September. I'm planning to discuss getting off all wegs meds with her when I see her next month.

Rtx is a great drug. Too bad it's so expensive...
    Last edited by Pete; 03-23-2015 at 09:27 AM.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had one infusion of RTX for maintenance last week, about 10 months after the 4-infusion RTX therapy. I got weaned off Prednisone in December, no other drugs since then. I didn't have kidney involvement, but lung nodules cleared up and PR3 numbers, SED rates etc. all in normal range. The plan is to get one infusion of RTX when my peripheral B-cell rate goes from 0 to 1% - repeat until 2 years have passed since diagnosis. After that we'll see.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been getting 4 weekly RTX treatments every 6 months since January 2014. In January 2015 I started taking 20 MG of methotrexate in addition to my RTX treatments as my symptoms would come back between treatments. I hope to eventually be in a position to only need RTX for maintenance. The methotrexate makes me feel weak and fatigued for 3 - 4 days after taking it. @pete I have a high deductible insurance plan but have been able to take advantage of the Genentech Copay program for RTX. They cover the cost of the RTX.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jason and Pete I have a high deductible and take advantage of the Genentech copay too. I was told to stop the aza when I start the Rituxan infusions, hoping yo be able to stay off of it.

Bing505z is offline Banned for being a douchebag
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had one round of Rituxan last year, and have been in a drug free remission for almost a year now. Plans are to use RTX only, and the Doc got me off Prednisone completely.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a round of rtx last July and again last October. I was on pred also until mid February. I am not on any other drug for maintenance. So far I am doing ok. I see the Dr again in a week.
    Karen; dx'ed April 2014

Bing505z is offline Banned for being a douchebag
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kaysee View Post
    I had a round of rtx last July and again last October. I was on pred also until mid February. I am not on any other drug for maintenance. So far I am doing ok. I see the Dr again in a week.

Great to hear you're doing good Kaysee......I see Dr E next week also