Thread: wiki wegs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Annekat
    When I said better I meant my nose actually works a bit now
    I can smell a bit now & then & actually breathe through it : before treatment I was a total mouth breather
    It's still odd looking but I have swelling on either side of both sides sometimes this is down more : depending on a slug being due to evacuate !!!
    I love the fact summers nearly here . Nose looks way better in sun glasses !!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne 14 View Post
    Annekat
    When I said better I meant my nose actually works a bit now
    I can smell a bit now & then & actually breathe through it : before treatment I was a total mouth breather
    It's still odd looking but I have swelling on either side of both sides sometimes this is down more : depending on a slug being due to evacuate !!!
    I love the fact summers nearly here . Nose looks way better in sun glasses !!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Oh, thanks for the explanation! In spite of my saddle nose, I've been able to breathe through it pretty well as long as it wasn't full of 'slugs'. Every nose is a little different, I guess. I also have the non-smelling problem but once in awhile I'm pretty sure I catch a whiff of something. It's always when I'm not trying, and then I can't capture it again! As for glasses, I don't know what I'd do without mine, probably get fake ones or wear sunglasses a lot, as you do! I can handle people seeing my nose from the front, but from the side, it looks absolutely dreadful. I've actually looked online for some kind of putty or fake nose bridge that one could use to disguise it. There were some results that weren't entirely satisfactory.... will share if I attempt it again.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been remiss on getting this done, which means I'm feeling really well and doing a lot of projects. I will get back to this and make the change, but it might be a while. Its summer here, so outdoor activities are the priority.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's been almost a year since I promised to do this, but I was totally remiss. Thanks to SpaceFlightAddict, I got a picture and made a change for the saddle nose picture. I also added our site as a "Popular support site" in the "See Also" section.

I don't like the eye picture, but I'm a little hesitant to remove it. Does anyone have an opinion about that? Also, are there any other changes that should be made -- I'm not talking wholesale changes, but just minor things for clarification. I'll take any suggestions, but don't be offended if I don't make the change.

You can see the changes here:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Granul...h_polyangiitis

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it were me, I would leave the eye thing alone. I am not sure there will be anything to replace it with that is more relevant.

I have some damage to my left eye from Wegener's, but it is not at all the same as the kind in that picture. It seems to be one of those "variable" symptoms we have.
    "It takes less muscles to smile than it does to frown!"

-A quote to a doctor from me, in the hospital, while giving him a Bells Palsy smile (I was on some gooooood drugs at the time)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe change the wording to "Occasional eye damage due to wegs" or something of that nature, but probably not a big deal.

When I was dx'ed, the first thing I did was go to the internet. Of course, as seems to happen to me, I ran into the worst of the worst articles for prognosis. One said I only 8 years left and another said I would be lucky to get to 5. I've gone past 5 and I'm confident I'll go past 10 or 15, too, even with all the pit issues. So I want to take the "instant scariness" out of the some of it. Wiki is one that can be changed. On the other hand, we don't want to take too much scariness out of it, since it is a very serious situation needing a lot of attention. I'll leave it alone.

Thanks very much for your picture!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, the saddle nose pic didn't bother me nearly as much as the pic and image of the eye. Started crying when I saw that, especially after having gone through so much involving my left eye from my shingles episode.
    Linda
    dx September 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it looks good vdub. The eye thing is scary now !!!
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My thought on the saddle nose is that it has a different appearance than a lot of ours, as it really depends on the original shape of one's nose. Many of us have one that is more turned up at the tip, in some cases almost resembling a "pig nose". But this is definitely a saddle nose and does serve the purpose of replacing the very extreme example that was shown before. Thanks, vdub.

The eye is a little disturbing but I don't know enough about eye involvement to know how typical it is. I have no real problem with leaving it, unless someone can come up with one that is a little less extreme. My two cents worth.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My scleritis showed more red than the pix listed and there might be some better ones to also add but some cases might be more minimal like the one shown and it would be bad idea to give an indication that all cases are identical. I think the pix is a rather poor one and it might be possible to find some better quality ones.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234