Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: wiki wegs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That would be great! Please see what you can do... Thank you very much! I have pics from a couple other studies, but I'm being ignored. The medical community is really scared of hipaa issues (as they should be)....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey vdub, sorry it took so long to get this for you. Life kinda got busy.

I got the picture from my doc, and it is not as good as I remember, but it does show a pretty clear saddle nose.

If you still want to use it for the Wegener's wiki page, let me know and I can email you the original. I own all of the rights to this image, and I am totally fine with it being on wikipedia.
    "It takes less muscles to smile than it does to frown!"

-A quote to a doctor from me, in the hospital, while giving him a Bells Palsy smile (I was on some gooooood drugs at the time)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is quite a bit different than mine.... I'm sure it depends a lot on the original shape of one's nose. Good one, though!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine does not look as bad now as it did when I was first diagnosed. Some of the prednisone chub ended up in my face and hides it a bit.
    "It takes less muscles to smile than it does to frown!"

-A quote to a doctor from me, in the hospital, while giving him a Bells Palsy smile (I was on some gooooood drugs at the time)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I depend on my glasses to hide mine. I had to take them off for my new drivers license picture, their new policy. I was mortified. They probably thought I was a cocaine addict and any cop that pulls me over may think the same. Not that I ever get pulled over, though.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That looks good! I may need some details that the pic is in public domain, but I need to look into it further. I will see what needs to be done. Thanks for getting the pic. It will be a great improvement over what they have now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate my saddle nose , but since treatment it's definitely getting better
    The images on that page are terrifying !!!
    Love that you want to change it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne 14 View Post
    I hate my saddle nose , but since treatment it's definitely getting better
    The images on that page are terrifying !!!
    Love that you want to change it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I don't understand how it gets better, unless it isn't a complete collapse of the nasal bridge.... and even then, I don't think cartilage can grow back, can it? .... but if yours is getting better, I'm happy for you. Every case is different, I'm sure. Mine has fallen as far as it can and won't get any worse, I don't think. I know it's not nearly as bad as some I've seen pics of. I'd better check that wiki page.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just looked at the page.... yikes! I think that person has a flatter nose to begin with..... jeez, I feel sorry for her. Yes, a more moderate one would be more appropriate to show.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when I told my beautiful Phil that I am sad about my saddle nose, he told me that if someone asked about his, he said that he had a fight, and that: "you should see the other guy's nose"...

I am not sad about it anymore. I am honored to have same "feature" as my beautiful soulmate. I like it that we look similar, not only in our souls but also in our faces... and we are cute with our saddle noses together. pictures in my profile. PLEASE, DO NOT SHARE OUTSIDE, VDUB. thanks.
    Last edited by Alysia; 05-25-2015 at 03:57 AM.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast