User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Has anyone done dialysis? My kidneys are so bad, nephrologist mentioned possibility

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Patty: I'm still off dialysis. When I first had it, back in January 2015, nephrologist said there was a possibility of getting off it. I have been off it since April.They did bloodwork this week.I am praying
    that I can keep off it.They gave me sodium bicarbonate pills, but were causing side effects. Doctor said to stop them until he checked the bloodwork.Ipray a lot, and will be praying for you, as well.
    I know too well what you are going through.We must be strong, and never give up.
    God bless you,
    Magnolia

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great news about still being off dialysis. I've been off it for about 20 years now so there is every chance you might never need it again. The main risk will be how many times and how severe any future relapses of Wegener's you have. My kidneys deteriorate during every relapse. I have had 4 severe relapses and have just started RTX, after 21 months of high dose Pred and Azathioprine. My latest blood results showed further deterioration in kidney function. I'm just hoping it's another "blip" as my results have been up and down during this latest relapse, although they are generally heading in the wrong direction.
    Diagnosed April 1995

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123