Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: *it happens -- my routine crash

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drz View Post
    Some days I just run out of spoons and need to change my plans and nap a lot to recharge too. I think it is just part of our new "normal".
    And I am doing anything I can to fight this new normal, because, quite frankly it stinks!!
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know I have those days, especially now with the cold and gloomy days, that I can curl up on the couch and take a 3 hr nap. But I have never slept a day away. I am just worried vdub and hope you are not having a flare. That car isn't gonna get on the road with out you !!!
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Debra C View Post
    I know I have those days, especially now with the cold and gloomy days, that I can curl up on the couch and take a 3 hr nap. But I have never slept a day away. I am just worried vdub and hope you are not having a flare. That car isn't gonna get on the road with out you !!!
    If he's been working on his car a lot to meet a deadline, that could do it! It happens to me after the busy Christmas season at the farmers market, when I've been working hard to keep enough stock supplied. I can easily sleep Christmas away after that! Seeing a doc would not hurt, I agree, but sounds like vdub recognizes this pattern in himself and can roll with it.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm someone who considers himself lucky whey I get 3 or 4 hrs of consecutive sleep in an evening. Can't imagine sleeping for 24hrs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, I'm awake! :-) I had my blood tested about 2 weeks ago and it was as normal as mine gets. However, part of the test had to be sent to a larger lab. I just now called to have the results faxed to me. It was the testosterone. That could certainly affect sleep. I should have the results in 20 minutes or so. I haven't been eating much either -- that's not all bad, tho. Its kind of gloomy and raining around here. I'm sure that has some effect on things.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good morning vdub ! Glad your reg. blood work came back good keep us posted on the other. Hope all is well with that. How are your eyes doing ?
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eyes are about the same, which I guess is good. At least, they haven't gone downhill. Appt is in about 2 weeks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The weather has started to get warmer and hubby and I are walking again. Between the walking and staying busy physically and mentally, I find that I'm ok for a few days, then I crash. I'm physically worn out and very tired. My labs are fine, so I know I'm not flaring. I do like your comparison to re-booting. That is exactly how it seems. It's also nice to know that others experience this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me, too, Jolinda. I may have plenty of energy to do whatever activity it is, or whatever social interaction or commitment, but it uses up spoons and I need to come home and recharge. It may be a symptom of age, too, but it is different, somehow. It's kind of nice to be able to give ourselves permission to enjoy some extra naps.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's also nice to know that others experience this.
    That is so true. Knowing that others experience the same thing helps separate out what could be nothing more than getting older. I'm 63, but I don't consider that to be all that old. I certainly have the will and desire to do a whole lot more than I'm doing and I have plans to do things and keep buying stuff to execute the plans, but then comes the energy issue and a lot doesn't get done. Or, at least, it is slow in coming. It takes me days now to do something that would have taken just a couple hours 5 years ago in pre-weg days.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast