Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Nodules

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Nodules

I went to Dr today and he said I have a total of 5 nodules of my lungs. Could someone please help me to understand this better. I'm confused lol. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seashell,

When you have lung involvement with Wegs., it is common to have nodules in the lungs. Those nodules are usually the granulomas that form when the body is trying to heal itself, from the inflammation of the blood vessels of the lung tissue. I have had several nodules in both lungs, since I was dx'd in 2010. I am sorry that you have them, they should go away after your treatment kicks in. It is a very complicated disease and not everybody reacts to treatment the same. Best wishes to you for getting better and better.
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nodules in lungs are common with GPA. I had a bunch when diagnosed last year, these showed up on a CT scan. 6 months after treatment with Rituxan the nodules had disappeared. I also had some granulomas on my elbows and thumb and forefinger (these form at pressure points), and these too disappeared months after the infusions.

On initial diagnosis and before treatment with prednisone, my doc said I might find myself coughing up blood - which I did, but fortunately in tiny amounts (otherwise would have had to go straight to the ER). This subsided a couple of weeks after the prednisone regime started.

Good luck to you!