Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Still Confused

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Still Confused

Oh well another positive ANCA but no specific target to biopsy. Sent to cardiologist for chest pain and short of air. Echo showed a leaking heart valve. Is Wegener's there just waiting? Confused again but should be happy Dr. doesn't want to put me through the treatment regime with out a Biopsy to confirm. Worried about how much damage might be done before symptoms show up. Has anyone had 3 positive ANCAs without a confirmed diagnosis?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had two... and no diagnosis. My doc also won't diagnose without a biopsy.

However, that said, they are treating me - because of damage done and possible future damage if they didn't treat it. (sight and hearing mostly) I'm on 25mg/1ml methotrexate (injection) and 8mg prednisone.

What kind of symptoms are you having? And they aren't treating you at all?

Jen
    "You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body." C.S. Lewis

http://www.sensinganenemy.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mainly upper airway feels narrowed, my MD treated with one 6 day predisone regiment along with albuterol inhaler. My blood pressure was also averaging 175/95 with my lower number climbing as high as 110. My Reumy put me on 1 med. for blood pressure and sent me to Cardiologist who ordered another prescription and an Echo Cardiogram. This showed a leaking valve. Have a follow up app. in April.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you had a scope of your trachea? Its done in office thru an ent. Shortness of breath could be a sign of stenosis. They would surely dx you if you have this.