Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Eye issues

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOW hrnn,that's scary about your wife. I never knew that could happen.
    Vdub,I am glad you finally got an appt,too bad you have to wait so long. You should see if they have a cancellation list.
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vdub View Post
    Soooo, I got the appt, but its not until mid-apr.
    Do they know you have Wegs and how fast it can destroy one's vision if it is the culprit causing your problem?
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes you are not the only one with eye problems, if I look at computers, TV. My eyes get blurry and I getting swallowen eye lids and pressure. It is not all the times. I put cold packs on and leave the lights off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went to the optometrist about 18 months ago for blurry vision. Macular degeneration runs in my family and I was afraid that might be my problem. Turns out I had a hole in the Macula of my left eye. Could be the Wegners or it could just be a result of aging. The doctor couldn't say for sure. I got the hole fixed, but now I have a cataract forming. The doctor wants to wait about six months before removing it to make sure my eye has fully healed from the first operation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been fighting inflammation in my left eye, going to see the eye doc Tues again. I went last week and my pressure was up in that eye so need to be careful to ignore anything with the delightful disease.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drz View Post
    I was advised at my first follow up visit after my treatment for Wegs to find a good eye doctor that will see you immediately if you notice any change in your vision. His words were since you lost your hearing to Wegs we want to be sure to try keep your vision so find a good eye doctor that will see you quickly if you notice any change in your vision. I would get seen soon if I was having a concern about changes in my vision. I have had some questions about my vision and did have cataract surgery on both eyes and also some treatment for dry eyes.
    My left eye became sore over the weekend. I had a sore red spot that looked much like a burn or birth mark near the eye along with apparent inflammation of eyelid. So i went to the walk in clinic and they gave me some ointment that contains steroids and antibiotic. (TobraDex) It reduced the inflammation of the eyelid and sore spot next to eye but left eye still feels sore, with a mild pain, sort of dry and irritated so I will be calling my ophthalmologist about being seen now. My inflammation markers were back in normal range two weeks ago but my ANCA score had gone up to borderline range. I have no other symptoms yet suggestive of other increase GPA activity, just the sore eyes.

Because of my diabetes and glaucoma I usually am seen regularly by an ophthalmologist every three or four months. I was scheduled to be seen in three weeks but feel need for a sooner appointment now due to eye discomfort.
    Last edited by drz; 03-31-2015 at 10:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My left eye became sore over the weekend. I had a sore red spot that looked much like a burn or birth mark near the eye along with apparent inflammation of eyelid. So i went to the walk in clinic and they gave me some ointment that contains steroids and antibiotic. (TobraDex) It reduced the inflammation of the eyelid and sore spot next to eye but left eye still feels sore, with a mild pain, sort of dry and irritated so I will be calling my ophthalmologist about being seen now. My inflammation markers were back in normal range two weeks ago but my ANCA score had gone up to borderline range. I have no other symptoms yet suggestive of other increase GPA activity, just the sore eyes.

Because of my diabetes and glaucoma I usually am seen regularly by an ophthalmologist every three or four months. I was scheduled to be seen in three weeks but feel need for a sooner appointment now due to eye discomfort.
    Drz,

I finally got my eye settled down after using Lotmax. I am finding if I don' keep my sinus cleaned out good my left eye flares up, ENT said possible to happen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All this talk of eye issues makes me concerned when docs tell us it is nothing, we are fine, as was reported by Nikki above. My doc would probably say the same thing if I just said my eyes were watery or sometimes red. When I was in the hospital overnight right before dx, I had very red eyes, and no one had a comment about it, or a few other things like headaches and a tightness around my eyes. They were focusing on my lungs. The eye issues did improve with treatment.

However, there was a small purplish-red dark spot in the crease between my eye and nose, and a couple weeks after dx and beginning of treatment, a hole in the skin developed there. This was tissue death, necrosis, from Wegs. My meds were increased and that stopped its progress. But the hole is still there. It is not noticeable because it is in the crease, and I wear glasses. It is right over the ethmoid sinus, where the tiny bones have eroded, and near the tear duct opening, and my ENT says surgery to close it would be tricky because of these things. This has little to do with the eyes, really, but you mentioned a dark spot, drz. It sounds like you don't have a big increase in disease activity, so I hope nothing like this will result from your dark spot. My eyes were sore and red around that time, but the spot itself was not painful, that I remember. But your describing it as looking like a burn or birthmark did ring a bell.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My eyes have been a problem since the very start, They used to freak out people who looked at them as they were blood red ( when first diagnosed), since then they have got better, but water badly every time I cough or sneeze. When I first went on azathiaprine, my eyes were sore and red for a while, but got used to it, I have recently had to increase my dose of azathiaprine, which has made my eyes sore and red again, they say what dosent kill you makes you stronger....... Lets hope so. I see my ophthalmologist regularly, and my eyes are good so far.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My regular ophthalmologist was gone for the week so I was seen by an optometrist who works in her department. She gave me a thorough examination and even took the time to do the things that were scheduled to be done in three weeks by my regular ophthalmologist so i wouldn't have to come back again so soon. I really appreciated her extra effort. The two hours I spent there yesterday saved me another trip which is an hour drive away.

She found no signs of vasculitis inside the eye and diagnosed my sore eye as Conjunctivitis which is one of the most common nontraumatic eye complaints resulting in presentation to the emergency department (ED): 3% of all ED visits are ocular related, and conjunctivitis is responsible for approximately 30% of all eye complaints. This term describes any inflammatory process that involves the conjunctiva; however, to most patients, conjunctivitis (often called pink eye) is a diagnosis in its own right. As with any mucous membrane, infectious agents may adhere to the conjunctiva, thus overwhelming normal defense mechanisms and producing clinical symptoms of redness, discharge, irritation, and possibly photophobia. I copied this from another medical site, but firmly believe that having a suppressed immune system made me more susceptible to this along with many other infections and problems I often experience. Wegs is the gift that keeps on giving in o so many ways.

I got some TobraDex drops to use for next week and eye feels much better. The drops are much easier to use than the ointment. The red spot touching the eye disappeared after using the ointment for a couple days. I still have some slight irritation and watering of one eye but hope that will clear up in a couple days too. The pain I felt inside or behind the eye also seems much better. The visit also alleviated my anxiety and worry about losing vision from a Wegs attack.
    Last edited by drz; 04-02-2015 at 04:11 AM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast