Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eye issues

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Eye issues

Is there anyone on the forum who has had eye issues associated with wegs? If so, what symptoms and what has been the result? Thanks....

on edit: Oh yeah, I've already googled everything. I'm looking for personal experience. Thanks again....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had scleritis and uveitis prior to starting meds. Thankfully pred drops and tablets cleared it up.

Every now and then the blood red eyes come back slightly, if I over do it or if I eat something that no longer agrees with me.

So for me, we are talking about being a vampire. My eyes were blood red, I couldn't stand the light, they hurt. They also felt gritty and would tear up.

What is happening vdub? Are you okay?
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The back side of my right eye hemorrhaged (?) and I have ongoing dry eye. Ophthalmologist said WG could be part of the problem however a lot of people that have dry eye don't have WG. The hemorrhage was definitely WG. Now going through testing for Glaucoma. Only really aggravating symptom I have now is a lot of random floaters, much more than used to.
    Dale
    Dx Aug, 2009 Remission June 2010 until 8/1/2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is happening vdub? Are you okay?
    I'm not sure if everything is ok.... You know how we all become hypochondriacs when we are diagnosed with wegs..... :-)

I had my eyes checked only 6 months ago and I was 20/20 both near and far. But for the past couple months I've had some difficulty seeing, but difficult to describe. Certainly gritty as you suggest. Liquid tears don't seem to make a difference. Seeing is most difficult in the mornings, but gets marginally better as the day goes on.

Oddly, I hadn't looked at them to see if there's any blood. I guess that would probably be the first sign if wegs related. Thanks, guys!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you on the north side of 40?? Presbyopia could be setting in. Whatever it is, I hope it's easily treatable.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had scerlitis too before my Wegs was finally diagnosed. I know it was Weg related since I had several other symptoms of Wegs that disappeared once I was treated for Wegs.

Any change in vision usually warrants a good eye exam since something else might be going on. It might be developing cataracts which is common with age and steroid use, dry eyes which can relate to having Wegs and our meds we take, and other things that need to be diagnosed.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totally north.... 64.... :-) I should probably set up another eye appointment if things don't change in the next few weeks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vdub View Post
    Totally north.... 64.... :-) I should probably set up another eye appointment if things don't change in the next few weeks.
    I was advised at my first follow up visit after my treatment for Wegs to find a good eye doctor that will see you immediately if you notice any change in your vision. His words were since you lost your hearing to Wegs we want to be sure to try keep your vision so find a good eye doctor that will see you quickly if you notice any change in your vision. I would get seen soon if I was having a concern about changes in my vision. I have had some questions about my vision and did have cataract surgery on both eyes and also some treatment for dry eyes.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was diagnosed with anterior uveitis in my left eye just prior to my WG diagnosis. Basically my iris became frozen and the pupil would not constrict or dilate. My symptoms were severe redness, blurry vision and eye pain and I was treated with steroid eye drops for a month or two. I had asked the ER doctor about my eye during one of my trips to the ER just prior to my diagnosis and he did not feel it was anything to be concerned with. I went ahead on my own and made an appointment with an ophthalmologist and was glad I did, as they were very concerned about my eye. Apparently it can progress to a point where you can lose your vision. My ophthalmologist has told me that if I have any similar symptoms in my eye to call and they will work me in to see me that same day.

I'm not having any more symptoms now but do notice that it seems more sensitive to dryness than my other eye. I've had dry eyes for several years and use the artificial tears and sometimes have to switch to the more gel type liquid tears, especially in the winter when the air is drier.

I definitely understand about being a hypochondriac. I was having left eye pain and a gritty feeling a couple months ago and was pretty sure I had just scratched my cornea, because my vision was Ok and no severe redness, as I have done that in the past, but I called my ophthalmologist's office and talked to the resident doctor just to be on the safe side. I felt better after talking to them, and they did indeed tell me that I could come in that same day if I wanted to and they would check it. She told me to switch to the gel type tears for awhile and it did clear up on its own, although it did take about twice as long as in the past. I guess related to slow wound healing as a side effect of immunosuppressive drugs we take.
    We must let go of the life we have planned so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.
    Joseph Campbell

When sleeping women wake, mountains move.
    Chinese proverb

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been having problems with my eyes the last few weeks. My sight is getting blurry,but I just figured it was my sinuses. But it is not getting better so I have an appt. tomorrow with my opthalmologist. I will let you know the outcome. You should make an appt. also vdub..you never know with this crap and you don't want to wait to long.
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast