Likes Likes:  0
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Eye issues

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I second Anne's recommendation. If you want to see a rheumatologist at Cleveland Clinic, either Dr Carol Langford or Dr Alexandra Villa Forte (I see her) are among the best in the world. Also, there is a famous eye care center there. I'd start with the rheumatologist. They will handle the ongoing care of the disease, and will coordinate with the ophthalmologist.

When my wife was on prednisone (for another condition that no longer affects her), she had some double vision. Her ophthalmologist didn't solve the problem, but it cleared up after she got off pred.

Good luck!!
    Last edited by Pete; 04-21-2015 at 07:58 AM. Reason: added info
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

When my wife was on prednisone (for another condition that no longer affects her), she had some double vision. Her ophthalmologist didn't solve the problem, but it cleared up after she got off pred.

Good luck!!
    That, too, is very interesting to me, Pete and since you mentioned it on another thread, has given me hope that getting off pred, or reducing it to a very low dose, may help my double vision. It could be more than one thing causing it, and docs just don't always know!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BTW, I had my eye appt a couple days ago and all is well. The doc said I had some small issues with dehydration which was probably caused by some of the drugs I was on.

He has several wegs patients and he's seems really decent, so I'm scheduling to see him once a year. He said for all us weggies, if we are ever told we have "pink eye", then we should schedule an immediate appt, because its probably not pink eye, but bursting blood vessels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vdub View Post
    BTW, I had my eye appt a couple days ago and all is well. The doc said I had some small issues with dehydration which was probably caused by some of the drugs I was on.

He has several wegs patients and he's seems really decent, so I'm scheduling to see him once a year. He said for all us weggies, if we are ever told we have "pink eye", then we should schedule an immediate appt, because its probably not pink eye, but bursting blood vessels.

Scleritis and inflammation of the eyelids are two other eye problems often occurring with Wegs that result in red and sore eyes. I have had both and they usually respond to eye drops that combine antibiotic and steroid. But both warrant a peek inside the eye to see if there is any sign of wegs going on inside the eyeball since that could quickly affect vision. recent literature I read suggests 50% of us Weggies will have some kind of eye problem too. Dry eyes or watery eyes often result from our meds too.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678