Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

blurriness can be the result of pred.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The dr.told me yesterday that the pred had nothing to do with my blurriness and that by vision was good.All I use is cheaters once in awhile while on comp. or reading. Today I am fighting a cold...was up half the night coughing now my chest hurts from it and a sore throat. If its not one thing its another. UGH !!!!
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi
    I have cataract in my right eyes and i have diagnosticaded it 8 months ago.My doctors told me that this had nothing to do with the desease,and maybe is smth borned.i have made controls and they told me that for 6 month they have to see if the catarct is thickened and i can take away it.i did the visit but nothing was chainged,the cataract wasnt thick.i am sceptic about this because i have just 23 year and to have cataract is a little strange.Sorry about my english️.I hope you understand me

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by isi14 View Post
    Hi
    I have cataract in my right eyes and i have diagnosticaded it 8 months ago.My doctors told me that this had nothing to do with the desease,and maybe is smth borned.i have made controls and they told me that for 6 month they have to see if the catarct is thickened and i can take away it.i did the visit but nothing was chainged,the cataract wasnt thick.i am sceptic about this because i have just 23 year and to have cataract is a little strange.Sorry about my english️.I hope you understand me

Prednisone or similar steroids can cause cataracts to form at a any age.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think so!But my doctors told me that my cure was short just next 8 months it happened to me,and thay told me that maybe the cure can help on cataract but according to them i have had it before.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have had inflammation in my left eye many times, in fact going back to eye doc tomorrow for a re-check. I went deaf during the onset of Weg's and then soon after that the first eye issue began. They gave me drops Lotxax, not sure of the spelling. The gifts this disease keeps giving us wants to make me scream sometimes. We live in Naples FL during the winter, this new eye doc makes my 3 new doc due to issues.

I would say see an eye doc as soon as you can.

Mary

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Left eye is really giving me fits tonight. I suppose I should make an appt. I think I have to have a referral to be covered by insurance. It has to be a medical issue vice a normal eye examine. The VA gave me my last check up. They do good work contrary to what the news says. At least, I've been treated well. But it was an optometrist and I probably should see an ophthalmologist.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good idea, I only go now to an eye doc not an optometrist. Medicare has been paying for my visits as there is an issue. I have also had flashing lights in that eye as the inflammation caused some of the gel to break lose so went right away for that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    blurriness can be the result of pred.
    I'm hoping if I can get lower on pred, some of my vision issues such as blurriness and double vision will improve. Although an ophthalmologist thinks the double vision is caused by bone erosion under my eye sockets, as shown on an MRI. I'd just like to see what no pred, or only 5mg., might do for me! I'm stuck on 11mg. because I've been very conservative with tapering, in order to avoid a flare this winter. Will see the doc for results of my latest blood work tomorrow.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    I'm hoping if I can get lower on pred, some of my vision issues such as blurriness and double vision will improve. Although an ophthalmologist thinks the double vision is caused by bone erosion under my eye sockets, as shown on an MRI. I'd just like to see what no pred, or only 5mg., might do for me! I'm stuck on 11mg. because I've been very conservative with tapering, in order to avoid a flare this winter. Will see the doc for results of my latest blood work tomorrow.
    Several years ago, my wife was on a short course of pred to relieve some sort of inflammation (not related to an autoimmune disease). She reported double vision. Fortunately, the double vision went away after a few weeks.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast