User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Why was the MRSA- AAV thread shut down?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Why was the MRSA- AAV thread shut down?

Why would you shut down a thread that people are actively using on a support forum and not even give a reason? Please point specifically to what rule that thread was breaking.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was a thread about MRSA? My mom has MRSA.. and now I have positive ANCA. She has similar symptoms.. but the doctors won't check me for MRSA. We're actually thinking.. there is some relation.. between the two.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Flint,
    Welcome to the forum.

I would like to hear more about you and your mom. Where do you go for medical care and who do you see?
    Have you posted your story in the introduction section yet? Its a great thing to do- although I'll bet I didn't way back when I joined here.

For Wegener's disease there is a strong correllation between staph infection and relapse of the disease. As far as I know it has not been implicated in causing the disease. I'm still learning more about this.

I'm surprised your doc won't check you for MRSA. My docs are very good about doing tests when I request them.
    It seems they are a bit paranoid about MRSA too so I would think they would be willing to test almost anyone who has reason to think they might have it.

You say you have positive ANCA. Does this mean you have wegener's disease or are you still trying to figure this out?

Oh, and PS Flint- there is a box in the upper right hand corner of the forum page where you can enter in any subject that you are interested in. Then click the search button. It works pretty well. For example- if you put in MRSA you can find the discussion on MRSA that got locked.
    Last edited by me2; 02-24-2015 at 05:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flint View Post
    There was a thread about MRSA? My mom has MRSA.. and now I have positive ANCA. She has similar symptoms.. but the doctors won't check me for MRSA. We're actually thinking.. there is some relation.. between the two.....
    Hi Flint,
    My mom's dr refused to submit a mrsa test for my mom when she goes for epogen shots at the hospital every 2 weeks.
    His nurse told us that we had to make an appointment with him and he has examine her before doing the test.
    Apparently, the new healthcare system is reducing its costs via tests.
    You might be able to get an ENT to do the test for you and that is what I will do because my mom does need to see an ENT soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)