Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Symptoms...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With that creatinine level you don't need to be concerned with dialysis, put it completely out of your mind. Ask your dr how you can bring down the proteinuria, it may be a simple diet change. I know when I was on a high protein diet I spilled protein into my urine, hopefully that's all it is. And like I said, I believe that could be from the Prednisone

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you Lisa.I am very worried abut the VES because was 70 when the normal level was 30,i dont know which is the term in england.this measure the infection

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, I can't figure out what VES is. I'm in California btw and am very jealous that you have a such a wonderful sister in Italy!

I just did a very simple search and found that proteinuria can be caused by diabetes, (I struggled with high blood sugars on Pred) or high blood pressure.

If you are concerned about infection, which is a concern, you should ask your dr if it's a concern. You are your best advocate. Bring a notepad with questions and ask lots. Write down what he says so you can look over it later.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, I found it. Your VES seems to be our SED rate, which is an inflammation marker.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

uploadfromtaptalk1424374681205.jpg

Try entering the information in the search bar on my screenshot. I think it may help you, unfortunately it's not in English, lol! It does talk about protein in the urine as an inflammation marker as well. I am certainly no expert but maybe your Prednisone needs to be increased. I'm not as good at reading this complicated information as many on this site so my advice is pushing your dr. for answers. Sometimes we have to be pushy to get answers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you Lisa,i appreciate so much you.i cant figure out what Ves is in english .Anyway thank you for the information you give me every time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lisa you founded it,oh my god im so worried what's gone happened,what it means,what doc will say.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VES is very similiar to our sed rate. An inflammation marker.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Isi,
    My mom has bad proteinuria and she is on an angiotensin renin blocker to help, but it really didn't do much because hers is due to the inflammation from the vasculitis. She is not in remission, yet, but has Microscopic Polyangiitis which is P-ANCA positive with antibodies against MPO.
    Her creatinine is 1.8 last month.
    If you consistantly have high protein in your urinalysis tests, then there could be inflammation still going on.
    If you eat a big steak every time u go for a urinalysis, the protein could be high and the kidneys do adjust to higher proteins when they are functioning ok.
    Eating minimum protein to support your lean body mass can help lower it.
    High blood pressure and high blood sugar can adversely effect your kidneys.
    Are you working with a Nephrologist to determine what is going on with your kidneys?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12