Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wegener's in a dog... seriously

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread rocks!!! Someone please give me the name of the diagnosing vet!!! I'll fly there!!! Vets actually can help, cause just as the poster said, they have to be everything in one... I know a woman diagnosed with cancer, yes, through her vet! I love the comment, getting this licked, and Anne's, comment, a bite out of the budget! Just classic... It is the weg dog after all! Please, anyone have a good vet? Classic thread... Deb...
    Live,love,and laugh...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toms, post another classic! Oh, man, so classic! Anne, I should have known, you would be the original author here! Just beautiful, really beautiful... Deb...
    Live,love,and laugh...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I heard they have to have a higher GPA than human doctor to get into veterinary school. Tufts Veterinary school is close by to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mr. C, long time no see... Yes that rhymed... Hope you're good. Wow, tufts I spent a lot of time there, years back, trying to save my ferret I had at the time. They did a blood transfusion there, using my other ferret! I had two at the time, and one trying to save the other was pretty amazing... Worked inthe first couple days, but lost him. Wow, when I think of the ends I went to, to save my pets! But since I was healthy energy, wasn't an issue! And the bills, oh wow! But I'd do it all over again, as I love animals... I believe my last little guy, passed from wegeners, without any question. Got sick, with me, but his tiny body, couldn't last. Silica will do this to ya!!! Debra...
    Live,love,and laugh...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello Friends, It has been awhile since I have been a regular on the forum......And I am catching up a bit......seeing new people, I cant believe how much I have missed. But when I saw this thread, I had to tell yall about my parents dog. He is a full blooded schnauzer, and about 8 yrs old. He "Snicker" has always been a very smart and healthy dog. About a year ago, he began having some skin issues, which were treated, but his ears were another issue. His ears were doing a very strange thing, they were building up with thick scab-like tissues that would crack and bleed, get infected, and made his ears very heavy. He would shake his head, and just became very inactive and slept all the time. My Mon and Daddy treated him with topical "over the counter" medication that would heal it "almost" up, but the scabbing kept spreading deeper and deeper into his ears. So our veterinarian felt like this was something he had heard of, but never actually had a patient with it......"Vasculitis"! Wow, how crazy is that? So Snicker is now back to his normal self, after treatment (for his type of vasculitis, it is not very expensive, but he is going to be on meds for the rest of his life) His poor ears took a couple of months to totally heal. But now, he gradually became more active, and is now back to his normal daily "antics" he and my Daddy have. Their daily routine.....getting the morning paper together......taking out the trash together......playing hide and seek every morning....You get the idea. I have always called Snicker my "little brother"..LOL....and now we have something in common! (I'm just glad I don't have it in my ears! :-) )
    Life is a Gift~ Lilly

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
    Hello Friends, It has been awhile since I have been a regular on the forum......And I am catching up a bit......seeing new people, I cant believe how much I have missed. But when I saw this thread, I had to tell yall about my parents dog. He is a full blooded schnauzer, and about 8 yrs old. He "Snicker" has always been a very smart and healthy dog. About a year ago, he began having some skin issues, which were treated, but his ears were another issue. His ears were doing a very strange thing, they were building up with thick scab-like tissues that would crack and bleed, get infected, and made his ears very heavy. He would shake his head, and just became very inactive and slept all the time. My Mon and Daddy treated him with topical "over the counter" medication that would heal it "almost" up, but the scabbing kept spreading deeper and deeper into his ears. So our veterinarian felt like this was something he had heard of, but never actually had a patient with it......"Vasculitis"! Wow, how crazy is that? So Snicker is now back to his normal self, after treatment (for his type of vasculitis, it is not very expensive, but he is going to be on meds for the rest of his life) His poor ears took a couple of months to totally heal. But now, he gradually became more active, and is now back to his normal daily "antics" he and my Daddy have. Their daily routine.....getting the morning paper together......taking out the trash together......playing hide and seek every morning....You get the idea. I have always called Snicker my "little brother"..LOL....and now we have something in common! (I'm just glad I don't have it in my ears! :-) )
    Nice to see you, Lilly... that crusting and scabbing in Snicker's ears sounds more like what we get in our noses and sinuses.....though we definitely have ear problems, just not those exact ones, usually.... the various ways in which vasculitis manifests itself are indeed infinite, it seems!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lily, hi! Lily, that's a cool story! Animals are amazing, and yes I too look at my parents dog bow, as a brother! Haha, he's a black pug, so not the most attractive brother! But hey, what's looks anyway, right??? Lily, hope you're well... Anne, hello, there... Deb...
    Live,love,and laugh...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.researchgate.net/publica...tosis_in_a_dog Here's one from today's Facebook (where the original one came from, too) describing the dog with gingivitis mentioned above, but this time, showing the dog's picture and the inside of his mouth. You people who think FB sucks do miss out on some stuff and those of us on there aren't going to post everything here. Not saying I don't think the forum is the best, just that there are a couple guys on FB who spend a whole lot of their own personal time researching scientific studies and article about vasculitis! There are so many that I never read them all.... too time consuming.

Addition: you might not see the pics right away but look for a window that says "see full text" and then see if you can enlarge the window with the picture.... It happened two different ways for me. A lot of these require some sort of subscription to see everything, but I managed to get a good view of the dog's mouth. Pretty bad gingivitis....

Addition #2- I think the full text is here, with several pics and a slide sample and lots of detailed discussion! So I guess Jim over on FB must have paid for the subscription, or something. Hope it works for you like it did for me.
    Last edited by annekat; 02-07-2016 at 12:02 PM.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Lily..how you been ? That's pretty crazy about your parents dog..did they give him pred ???
    Anne, that poor dog, I bet that hurt .This pics looked looked like it would.
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anne, hello... Anne I am terrified to press links, as I'm getting by, by the skin of my teeth here! I pressed a link, not here but elsewhere and it was hell in a hand basket! Any chance on posting it here? Or a description? Anne, I agree the vasculitis site is cool, was there years back, I think people including myself are talking about the personal Facebook, where people takep pictures of their lobster dinner and feel a need to show a life, that's just nothing but greatness... So again, its the personal pages, and hey, if posting non stop about how great you're life is, well good for you, I'm glad, I however live in a real world, but would sure like to visit youres! My sister inlaw does this all day long, when not working... I tell her all the time, well on phone anyway, you're a real peace of work! Haha... Whatever, right? Deb...
    Live,love,and laugh...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast