Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Waiting to get a second opinion

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lag713 View Post
    Thank you for describing your experience, Anne! I really appreciate it. My ENT hasn't suggested that I need it. I will ask about it next time I visit (now that it doesn't sound so scary).
    Well, I hope I'm right, since every situation is different. My samples were actually taken from the area of the nasal septum, where there was a perforation in the bone, and I'm not sure whether he took any from deeper into the sinuses. I'm sure Michelle will weigh in on hers, too.....
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am sure you will like Dr Monach, I see him also. Are you able to take previous test results to your appointment? I'm sure that would make his opinion quicker, but would not be surprised that he would order his own. Wonderful place, good luck. When is appt?
    Dale
    Dx Aug, 2009 Remission June 2010 until 8/1/2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My biopsy was done in day surgery under a 20 minute general anaesthetic.
    When I woke up my nose bled a little and they packed it with yellow gauze stuff.
    I had no pain whatsoever but it was a little uncomfortable sleeping because they told me not to lay down for the first 24 hrs.

A sinus biopsy is not always conclusive for WG, in fact most cases come back inconclusive.
    Thankfully for me, they managed to find one small granuloma in the 2 pieces they took from both sinuses.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for sharing your experience, Michelle! I'm glad the biopsy went well and came out positive so you had some conclusive answers.

I'm looking forward to meeting Dr. Monach after hearing your recommendation, Dale. I sent over my records so I hope that helps inform him. Thank you for the well wishes and good luck with the incoming snow! I'm tired of it too!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12