Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skin Rash

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Skin Rash

I have a rash on my wrists hands face and ears.It started on this past Sat.(02/07/15). It starts out itching on my wrists and ears,and it hurts on my face. Does anybody have anything similar? Any suggestions on what I can use on my skin to help me feel better? Could this be a flare?Please help!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I've heard that the typical Wegs rashes do not itch or hurt. At least mine don't, but mine are very minimal. I'm thinking this could be something else, but I don't know what. Shingles crossed my mind, since it is said to be painful and I would think itchy, too. No doubt others have some more useful input. I guess if it continues, you should see a doc. You could try hydrocortisone cream, in case it is an allergic reaction, but there are likely to be more effective things if it is serious and pervasive.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a Wegs rash on my leg just prior to diagnosis, and mine did not itch or hurt either. It disappeared when I started treatment. I did get an itchy allergic reaction once from an eye cream. I'm also very allergic to poison ivy, had to take prednisone to get rid of it, thought it was great. Little did I know how much prednisone I would be on later in life! Could you possibly have gotten an allergic reaction to something? I would also try hydrocortisone cream and see your doctor if it doesn't get better.
    We must let go of the life we have planned so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.
    Joseph Campbell

When sleeping women wake, mountains move.
    Chinese proverb

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a single outbreak of rash on one lower leg, sort of a scattering of reddish pustules. This was several months into treatment with prednisone and MTX. No itch, no pain, and unlike any other rash I'd ever had. I was told that if it did not resolve on its own in a few days I should boost the prednisone. It went away and I've had nothing like it since. Possibly what you have is unrelated, or not directly related, to WG?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the doctors changed your med, like cytoxan to imuran, it can cause a shingles outbreak. That's what happened to me. It wasn't too painful either,just felt like i pulled a muscle. I was put on a permanent shinlge med.
    Hope this helps

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had the WG rash too and it did not itch or hurt. It does not sound like WG to me. But I would see a Dr right away. If it is shingles on your face or an allergy like poison ivy it can be very serious if it gets in your eyes.
    Karen; dx'ed April 2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like a classic allergic reaction to something! Better get to a doc quick before it gets worse!!
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most people with Wegs eventually develop some skin problems according to one ot the talks at a conference but I think it takes a WEG expert and dermatologist to sort out what is causing a rash. There are so many variations and possible skin problems that seem to often happen after having WEGS for awhile. Some of them come from our suppressed immune system and all the meds we take. Some are allergic reactions to some meds and some just seem to have an unknown cause but are probably related to our WEGS some how.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dorothea View Post
    I have a rash on my wrists hands face and ears.It started on this past Sat.(02/07/15). It starts out itching on my wrists and ears,and it hurts on my face. Does anybody have anything similar? Any suggestions on what I can use on my skin to help me feel better? Could this be a flare?Please help!!!!!!
    Hi there Dorthea, I am dealing with a rash that comes and goes on my face and scalp! I have a half inch circle of dry skin on my left thigh and the same type on the back of my left arm and on left shoulder! The face is he only rash that burns! Ive been to a dermatologist for the face and the one on my leg. The face and leg appear to be 2 different issues. I was given a prescription shampoo for the face and scalp and it seemed to help for a short time. I later went to a hypoallergenic wash on my own and got some relief but only temporary! I saw my rheumy awhile back and told him I would like to have a referral back to the derm. He said that the rash looked like a yeast fungus and to try avoiding yeat products. What do ya know, I quit eating bread and things with yeast in it and I clear up for longer periods of time! I had just 2 garlic breads with a meal one night and a hamburger bun with the next days lunch and I began to burn and by evening, my face was blotchy and red scaling! I laid off the bread and yeast foods and it cleared up, I tried another sandwich the other evening and I broke out!
    Not saying you have an allergy to yeast but I think that with the immune suppressants that we take , it allows for new allergies to appear! I have been a bread and butter guy with all my meals for as long as I can remember, now I cant have it apparently! I'm 58 and was raised with the bread on the table at meal time.
    I would suggest watching what you are eating and consider the possibility that you may have developed an allergy to a food that you have always ate!
    Nobody knows how we got to the top of the hill. But since were on the way down, we might as well enjoy the ride!
    James Taylor, Secret Of Life

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mom got a really itchy rash while on Bactrim and rtx, but it was determined related to the bactrim.
    Allergies to meds can creep up when there was no allergy before.
    Are you on any medications?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast