Hello. I am the daughter of someone with this disease. My mother and I live in deep south texas where doctor's are in high demand but run like roaches to get the hell out of here. My mother was diagnosed three yrs. ago after being misdiagnosed fifteen years again, her pulmonologist claimed she was allergic to the dow of her parrots feathers. Finally after almost dying in the hospital after being admitted and discharged over ten times in a period of two weeks, her allergist was able to determine that one she and I weren't crazy making up stories of her collapsing daily as one ER doctor told me, but that she was either a cocaine addict, yes thats it my 72 year old, at the time mother does so much blow that she caused her nose to disintegrate or she had a rare disease called Wegener's Granulomatosis. Hallelujah finally an answer. Now here is my dilemma now .... her rheumatologist poor thing has been trying to force this bastard into remission with no such luck. She now has 85% hearing loss in one ear and 62% hearing loss in the other. She also just had triple bypass surgery last February due to this mofo as well. Now she is haveing constant uti's almost every month,her blood sugar is uncontolled and I fear she is headed for kidney failure. In the past she was only on prednisone. She has also been on methotrexate but we are still battling this bastards. Does anyone have any suggestions. I am losing my patience with this disease.