Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The ongoing journey

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello Dale, my doc sends me for the blood test one week before the appointment, so it is new at the time we talk. About the neuropathy pain, I used to have pain, burning sensation and some pain, until they prescribed 200mg Gabapentin, which reduced it to almost zero. About reducing Prednisone to zero, be careful, you may be setting yourself up for a nasty relapse. Honestly, I can't believe your doc leaves up to up to take it or not, you two should discuss it, evaluate the pro's and con's, and then decide.
    Good luck, I hope it will be good for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have talked with the Doctor about the prednisone. I told him the weight gain was unacceptable to me. As long as my bloods show little to no change, I would put up with the pain.
    Dale
    Dx Aug, 2009 Remission June 2010 until 8/1/2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default blood tests

Quote Originally Posted by LisaMac View Post
    Me too, it makes more sense to have current labs at each appointment. You guys have also inspired me to ask for a copy of my labs at each appointment. That way I can track how I feel with what my labs are saying. I'm so happy to have found you all! I start back on Rtx on the 18th as I am without a doubt in a flare.
    I am in Massachusetts also. I used to see Merkel and his predecessor years ago. I just didn't like them.I am with Dr Delaripa at the Brigham. He is wonderful! I receive my blood test results in the mail one week after having them. I am able to research the #'s on my own and speak to him over the phone.Can't say enough about him.
    On another note has anyone tried Orencia? I am being started on it tomorrow. I still take my methotrexate and everything else but am adding this new drug. Thank you for this forum. Good to know we are not alone in our battle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by renidrag View Post
    Lyrica was mentioned, would rather be where I am than go thru side effects. Met a man from a town over from me with RA, swears by it though.
    Dale
    Neurontin/Gabapentin might also be a good choice. I haven't had any side effects from it in the two years I've been on it. Now, I am slowly weaning off of it to see if I really need it. My neuropothy has diminished and I think is better/gone. Might have just bee during the bad flare-up that I had it. Time will tell
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tried gabapentin. Never worked for me. Hopeful this orencia will do it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123