Thread: Pet Talk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Take care!

onatreetop,

Hang in there and good luck with your tests. Do you have some good stress management tools you use for times like this? Please know that my thoughts are with you

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Onatreetop, I had to go several times on 60 mg Prednisone. It is not fun, but remember that they are going to decrease it and you will be feeling better soon. We are here for you. When I am on high doses of prednisone I usually don't sleep. I take naps during the day when I can and still do. Good luck on your test and thanks for the update. Thinking about you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Onatreetop, I'm so sorry you have to increase your meds--esp pred. It has such a negative impact on my mind and body. May it be gentler on you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face

Thank you all very much and it is a wonderful feeling knowing that others relate and understand. I would be balled up in bed crying if I werent typing and thinking I can do this and have the support of others. Didn't have this in the very begining. Just myself in shock not wanting to shock others around me. Told my family that I have to change things up a bit and that dad may be doing the bus stop thing because I may be overnite a few evenings while testing at the sleep clinic.
    I have enterained the idea of stress managment and well decided that with four kids I have to roll with the flow and be flexable. I am not so quick to yell for some reason when the dose is high but also not myself either. In the clouds I guess you could say lovin the kitties and acting all strange. No that is normal!!!!! I still manage to freak the kids out with my different way of looking at things. Ha! Ha! So there! I am just a big kid too, who am I kidding. I am rambling arent I?
    Last edited by onatreetop; 12-03-2009 at 01:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

onatreetop wrote: I would be balled up in bed crying if I werent typing and thinking I can do this and have the support of others. Didn't have this in the very begining. Just myself in shock not wanting to shock others around me.

I understand completely! When I found out, I told no one but my husband because I did not want to freak everyone out, and I had no one to talk to except my doctors. In the past, I never pictured myself on a blog talking to people about very personal issues - but never say never! I am glad I found this site also

And onatreetop, you seem like a strong person who will do what it takes to get things back on track.

In fact, all of you on this site are great and I love your personal insights.

Not really Pet talk - can we move this tread to somewhere? But I do need to go feed my cats

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bought another 16pounds of kitty food and 40 pounds of litter. That seems to be the ratio for four so far. Scary poopin!!! They are all getting so big except mini kitty.She is bigger but no where near the others still a half pint.

Doug Guest

Jack must be thinking: For once they are talking WG issues, but it's off topic for Pet Talk! I feel your pain, my friend. I had to re-read the name of the thread to make sure I wasn't inadvertently screwing up..again!

Pet Topic Talk: Louie's vet's office called last week to let me know a pawprint was ready for Freckles (the little cat that died after surgery to spay her). When I picked it up, it turned out to be a ceramic heart with her pawprint on front and her name on back. It has a ribbon with pawprints printed on it threaded through two holes. I suppose on could hang it on a Christmas tree or the wall. I've not decided which yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face

Thats me I am sorry that I ramble.I have all 60mg of pred in my system now and the other 100mg of cyt. BUT I LOVE MY KITTIES! Why cant some people be more like cats? Not all people just the ones that have no feelings or graditude for others . oh and all the really bad people too. I think that covers it? Got to be a kitty lover to know the love or pet of some kind. Here I go again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone else get fed up with vet bills? Now that my rabbits are 6 years old it seems to be one thing after another. Amber, the biggest and toughest of the two has just gone down with an eye infection. I feel so sorry for her because it looks so sore! Had to visit the vet yesterday for it to be cleaned up and be given antibiotics, anti inflamatories and eye ointment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Throwing in my two cents worth - yes people this Pet Talk thread is becoming very very confusing!

Back on track - Jack, you have rabbits too - wow didn't realise there were so many rabbit lovers out there in the big wide world its fabulous! Miss my charlie, I found him in the garden where I worked and he fell into the lap of luxury with me - he was a total indoor bunny and never had a problem with using a litter box - my friends were all amazed, don't people know how intelligent bunnies really are....sadly he passed away with cancer (what is the go with animals getting such things as that?)

Anywhoo, I know have a cat, Mr Darcy and he has taken some getting used to - had dogs as a kid and then Charlie the rabbit has been my only other pet association. So to now have a crazy cat in the house is a real learning curve - how demanding are they guys?....oh yes if i'm not out of bed by around 7am for his breakfast man do I know it, he makes sure he sticks his face right in my ear and lets out a cry...ok so I give in and he knows I'm a soft touch so possibly I could be partially to blame for his crazy behavour - lol

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast