Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet Talk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Onatreetop,
    Stress definitely makes Wegs worse. We can't get rid of stress, no matter who we are. So the only thing we can do is learn how to manage it and learn conscious relaxation methods.

Managing stress means relaxing the mind as well as changing the thought patterns in there. The combo of therapy and daily meditating has helped me deal with it, but there are many ways. Extreme, relentless stress in every area of my life has been a major contributor to my Wegs activity.

Doug Guest

Onatreetop- I find the introduction of Louie the Cat (Ludwig just didn't make the cut as a name....) into my home the best thing I did for myself and stress reduction. He becomes more and more sweet as he acclimates to his new surroundings and his "people training" starts to yield the desired results. I can only imagine how unready I was for kittens compared to a mature pound cat. Yet.... I feel myself thinking that second cat still is a desirable goal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face

I agree about the kitty factor. They have ost defintatly brought relaxation and love. Therapy of sorts. There is nothing like the motor of pur. Have my lover on my lap right now. Cheeto is so easy. He is falling a sleep while purring. It is magical really. The feeling they give. And when you multiple it by any number It is even more loving and all in there different way.The approach is different the amount of time thay spend with you before they get distracted and move on. I cant believe that we waited this long to get them.
    I have always thrived on stress I guess you can say. The more to do the better I do?Make any sense? Not constantly of coarse but a nice steady pace. There is something rewarding about falling asleep quickly rather than tossing and turning.Better quailty of sleep at the end of the day. I have kept up the 30 min. workout and have noticed the difference from that too. Lost 9 lbs. and counting. I am going to add 5 min. a week until I get to 45 min. past that and I will have todo it another time of day. Right now I can do between bus stop times of which I have 3.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's called being an adrenaline junky.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Onatreetop, how many days do your exercise? Your doing great!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Onatreetop,
    I am envious of your 9 lb loss. I am trying to exercise daily (20-40) minutes and haven't lost anything. Darn PRED!

But, I feel better and am glad I can breathe well enough to do some physical activity, so I will stop complaining.
    coffeelover

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This one's for you, Lisa Coffeelover!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like this picture Sangye!

Doug Guest

Louie and I played "OOh! The Big Mean Kitty" today. (Pease don't ask! It does involve rolling around on the floor and stimulating Louie's kill instincts.) It was enjoyable for both!

Today, he woke me at 1:30 to ask if it was meal time yet (He does an odd meow that sounds like "Now?", with an inflection up, then runs to the cabinet with the food.) Yeah, apparently, kitty! Anyway, he ate like a horse today. I've had food issues with him up till today.

He "asked" if it was meal time at 6 am, but the 6 pm feeding, I just went in to "his" bedroom and asked his highness if he was hungry- again!

Three times today, he parked himself at by his scratch board and gave me kitten eyes, his way of begging for turkey breast. If this continues, I'll be digging through his poop to see if he needs deworming!

The former animal control officer, a friend of mine, suggested it could be his way of building fat for winter, the way a wild animal might. At this point, I'm just happy he's eating more, pooping more, peeing the same, getting more interested in playing cat games.

I'm getting closer to getting him a cat friend (or mortal enemy- any thoughts on how I might minimize carnage if I introduce him to a new cat?)

RETARDED KAT MOMENT:

Louie took catnip with his turkey breast, then sprawled over his scratch board. After a few glazed-eyed moments, he cleaned his left front leg and paw. He paused. Then he got the other front paw. He paused. He cleaned his right rear leg and paw. He paused for a much loger period, then licked his flanks a few times. He paused. He finished cleaning his last leg and paw, then continued to clean that part of his anatomy that looks something like this:
    That cleaned, he picked up a catnip pellet in his mouth and chewed it for a long time. "Catnippy fresh, Louie!?" I queried. He looked blankly at me.

[For those of you without experience with cat breath, I note that under the best of circumstances, it is pretty bad, and one might suppose it is particularly foul after licking that particular part of the anatomy that looks something like this:
    Humor (humour) explained oftentimes loses any chance of bringing a wry chuckle or a gale of guffaws, but I hope most of you enjoyed my
    RETARDED KAT MOMENT. There may be more of these. Perhaps not. Cats are not that predictable.}
    Last edited by Doug; 11-30-2009 at 04:06 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like your cat is very entertaining, keeps you busy. Hope your cat ate his turkey.

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast