Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet Talk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seeing were on Pet Talk, I just wanted to share how sweet my little 9 month devon rex is - Mr Darcy normally sleeps in his bed out in the lounge room but over the last few weeks on the odd night, its like he knows I'm not ok and has come and slept in the bed tucked up against my chest the whole night...are cats really that smart they can sense whats going on with us?? LOL

Doug Guest

Oh yes! Also, they "talk" with us in little inflections in and on their meows. I was surprised when Ludwig's meows started to show context with questions this Crazy Cat Person put to him. Dogs are very sensitive to us, too, with a different set of facial expressions and tail messages. (Cats signal a lot with their tails, too. If you don't pay attention, some will scar you for life.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My babies always know when I'm feeling extra low--physically or emotionally. They cuddle more.

Konchog Birdy has this really sweet voice-- a very clear talker. He was a rescue and it's obvious that he's only known love before. Birds are like little recorders of their history.

Several times that I've felt overwhelmed by everything, fed up, whatever, Konchog Birdy will look at me and say "What're you doing?" and then "I love you!" Snaps me right out of it.

I might have told this story on here before, but heck--it's a good one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh Mr Darcy is a talker alright especially in the morning - I don't know if you've heard a devon rex but they don't really meow as such, I swear he says 'nooo' or 'muum' sometimes... he won't leave me alone in the morning and is talking until he gets his breakfast...such a character - its all new to me having a cat in the place, its quite the experience.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My recent "pet story"
    Friday night someone rear ended me and because I was at a complete stop (on a highway due to construction) I had time to see that I was going to get hit. She was going at least 60. I had time to turn my wheels to avoid hittling the car in front of me and grabbed my Brinley and waited.

After the accident, my Brinley was very upset and I thought maybe he had gotton hurt....but after a while I realized he was just shook up because my adreneline was peaked.

All I could think about after the accident was....How will this "trauma affect my Wegeners...silly huh?

Brinley is OK and so am I afterfurther chiropractic treatments. Car...not so good.

Lisa
    Last edited by coffeelover; 11-22-2009 at 04:22 AM. Reason: spelling

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm very late to this thread, but Sangye your rabbit pic is most definitely my Boris!
    He is obsessed with licking my hands so the tongue-out look is one he often adopts and my boy has the same colouring and markings.

Doug Guest

Wow! Lisa, glad you and Brinley came out of it OK. Well, Brinley. Hope you are doing better after treatments.

Sangye- My sister in South Dakota has a cockatiel she named BillyBob. At least he was BillyBob until he started laying infertile eggs! It seems sexing pets is a talent my family never pick up. Ha! Now he is she, and her name is Billie, still.

Another think we're lousy at in my family is pet names. (Recall I had three rabbits over several years, and all were named Frisky. Ha!) Birds are surprisingly intelligent and tuned into our moods.

Ludwig is starting to be more a Louie again, so I guess I may as well get used to calling him Louie.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am glad that you are ok Lisa, what a scare. I was rearended 3 times last year, fortunately they were just taps; I was stoped on red lights. Buffy, my dog, wouldn't stop shaking for practically the whole day.
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lisa, it's not at all silly to wonder how the accident will affect your Wegs. My Wegs began 2 weeks after a spine-jolting fall. It worsened in January, 2008 after another bad fall (my first thought after falling was "This is bad for the Wegs")

The central nervous system controls the function of every cell and function in the body, including the immune system. Holistic docs see a correlation between physical trauma and onset of disease quite frequently.

I'm really happy you had already begun chiro care before the accident. Better to have an accident with your spine aligned. Make sure you return for chiro appointments at the rate your doc advises. A car hitting you at 60 mph is no small thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face

Wow and how scary! i am glad you are okay too. I was rolled into at a light the first day I got my car but the trailer hitch was on so no damage to me but the kids and I still remember the adrin. rush that came.It is scary.
    I wasn't aware that that would cause symtoms to come around? Stress? Adrin? Holy fudge nuggets? If that 's true I am done for. I live on stress in and around all of the above 24/7.
    The kitties are getting big quick. Except mini kitty.Sheis growing but no where near the others size. We were told that that was what would happen.They keep hanging around the fish tank and keep sticking there paws in a little bit farther. Cheeto came closest to falling in so far that I witnessed. A whole leg!! Big splash! Oreo my daughters loner is becoming more friendly with me. I have to be alone in the house for him to come around. He will purr for me now. Love the love yes we do. Allof us. My husband is starting to interact with them more too.

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast