User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet Talk

Doug Guest

That he is, and he never leaves a bit of turkey. That's his all time favorite food.

RETARDED KAT MOMENT2:

The following comment was posted on a photo I posted of things I do to spoil Louie:

I gave Pippin some wet cat food for Thanksgiving. He threw it up and tried to eat it again. That's the spirit!
    Last edited by Doug; 12-01-2009 at 02:18 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face

I have been on the machine 8 of 14 days twenty minutes on that up to 25 now and about ten on the floor doing ab work. The cats look at me like I am on drugs. I AM!! Got two 5 mile walks in there on top of work and home. I also started drinking slim fast shakes in the early afternoon with fiber caps and then eat again at dinner. I normally dont eat during the day except crap in the car between pickups and droppoffs. I dont have food in the car anymore either so the crap is gone. I made it to 11 pounds until Thanksgiving now I am at 10 lost. Gained a pound. Not bad considering what I made ate and drank.

I try to workout monday- friday. Walk on the weekend if possible.

The kitties had thanksgiving after us. After everyone left we put the bird in the middle of the kitchen floor and let them have at it. They were having a bit of trouble so the kids helped pull the meat from the bone. It was so funny to watch. They loved it!!! The litter box was horrible the next morning OMG!!! Real meat smell not good.
    Last edited by onatreetop; 12-01-2009 at 09:05 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Onatreetop, I'm glad you're able to exercise and are trying to lose weight. However, I'm reading what you're eating and thinking "Yikes." Not only is that unhealthy for an healthy person, but it's really not good for a Weggie who's on the kind of drugs you're on.

You're not able to get the nutrients you need with your current program. Exercise demands nutrients (eg, building muscle, metabolizing waste products) so even if you were healthy, you'd need to have a better diet. Slim fast is crap--no use mincing words. No nutritional value there. Skipping lunch and not eating any other healthy snacks-- not good! Taking a fiber pill doesn't replace eating fiber throughout the day-- it's only meant to supplement it.

You need a lot of nutrients to heal and repair your body. Wegs destroys tissue and causes chronic inflammation. Cytoxan causes serious malabsorption because it kills the cells lining the gut. It kills a wide variety of cells in the body, and replenishing them takes a lot of energy (ie, nutrients). Pred causes serious disruptions in the endocrine system, so you need more nutrients to replenish those hormones, stabilize blood sugar and support liver function (tied into the endocrine system).

I recommend following an anti-inflammatory diet. You'll have less pain, better control of the Wegs, and lose weight safely. There are many online--just google)

Your body is in this for the long haul. If you only focus on losing weight quickly, it will be at the expense of your long-term health.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

onatreetop, I agree with Sangye about your eating.

You need to eat small meals through out the day and keep your blood sugar levels stable. Also, you need the correct nutrients for growth and repair - which means a balanced diet. The shakes are OK as a snack - maybe after a work-out, but you need to eat Safe weight loss is 1-2 lb per week: more is dangerous. So, take it slow and steady.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face

Okay I will check out the diet. I never have been a morning eater ever. Night on the other hand is down right dangerous. The slimfast does balance me out until dinner suger wise and kills the chocolate kraving that never seems to go way otherwise. The tired thing is what I am having a harder time with. I know my body is saying rest and belive me I want too, but it isn't always at a good part of the day which could be any part really. Everyday is different.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by onatreetop View Post
    Okay I will check out the diet. I never have been a morning eater ever. Night on the other hand is down right dangerous. The slimfast does balance me out until dinner suger wise and kills the chocolate kraving that never seems to go way otherwise. The tired thing is what I am having a harder time with. I know my body is saying rest and belive me I want too, but it isn't always at a good part of the day which could be any part really. Everyday is different.
    I think there's a connection between your diet, your exercise level and your fatigue.

Your body doesn't know the difference between overexertion due to exercise and overexertion due to taking care of kids, etc.... Exercise is great unless it uses more resources than you have--then it becomes harmful.

I'm glad to hear you're gonna look into an AI diet. You can't get enough veggies and essential nutrients eating once or twice a day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As you know eating fruits and vegetables fills you up because of the fiber content. There are alot of recipes out there. I myself had changed my diet since I was diagnosed. Eating more salmon, sweet potato's , squash, apples, oatmeal with blueberries. I'm trying to eat food that is not processed. It's a challenge, once in a while I will eat something junkie.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face

Thanks again. I Just had a big salad and a homemade pita cheese pizza. oops. oh well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I too changed my diet to an anti inflamatory diet after diagnosis. I can say that between my walking and other low impact exercises and the diet, I am feeling much healthier. Although due to the prednisone, I am not losing rate at a very desirable speed I do occasionally lose a 1/2 pound to 1 lb. I suggest following a healthy anti inflamatory diet and low impact exercises.
    Lisa Coffeelover

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face

The kitties are keeping me busy. And the wieght loss days may have ended today. Saw the RA upped the pred back to 60mgs and the for the first time the cyt. to 100mg. Loads of test to take and a kidney biopsy asap. Waiting for the appt. Wants to see me back in a week. Weeeeeeeeee here we go!!!!! Forget the job enterview it isnt happening I get to bounce aboutthe doctors now!!! Get a new pulm doc and cardi doc and the kidn. biop guy I cant remember the other two. The second dose of pred is setting in.
    Sorry just covered like three threads in one. I am bad and sorry. most of the time but not always. The fun has begun bye bye mind!

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast