Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hearing Loss/Hearing Aides

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A.J. wears hearing aids. They tried putting tubes in his ears but as quick as they put them in the granulation pushed them out. His right ear appears to be coming back. THe ENT thought it might because there was no nerve damage to the right ear. The left ear had a lot of nerve damage. And as a proud mom, I am happy to say that A.J., currently on cytoxan and 50 predisone is playing on the school basketball team and running over a mile twice a week!! It almost killed him the first time, but he went back for more and its getting easier for him each time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How wonderful to hear that AJ is doing so well. May he get stronger and stronger each day.

Doug Guest

Great news, jeriorleans! It's good to read that AJ is getting on with the interests he had before WG, and doing well!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very encouraging indeed! You must be so happy as a mom...and it must be so difficult to see your child go through this. I always try to be thankful for that...I would rather take it on than see either of my kids (2 and 4) go through this.

I am also going to check further into the hearing aids....does AJ have to adjust them much? Or do they say he just has to get a new set? Did insurance cover any of the costs?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh that is super, he must be happy
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Snooze23

Today I picked up my new hearing aids!!!! I LOVE THEM !!!! It is like a brand new world, I can hear noises and voices that I didn't hear in 6 month, like running water in the sink or TV.

They are very small devises, sit very comfortable in the ears, they have a volume control ( I asked for the volume control because for my WG condition my hearing is different every day and if I hear more that day I can just simply adjust the volume up or down) and channel control (I picked the middle grade and they have 4 channels that need to be adjusted to different situations you are in, like for regular conversations, one when you in a large group of people with lots of background noise, and one for the phone or TV)

Also I have an appointment next week if the programs need to be adjusted or changed. The first few days will be a learning experience, for the first 5 hours of wearing them I already know that the programs need to be adjusted. I can hear words perfectly clear but after the word there is a scratching noise, like a high pitch, I didn't hear that when I was in the office. One thing on the list already.

This is the best thing that I have since I gat sick.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Barbara,

That is great~ I am so happy for you. I go to check them out at the end of the month. I am going to get two different consultations just to see what they recommend and what the price differences are...did you get one for each ear? I can hardly wait and I am fairly certain it will make a real difference in my quality of life too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's great to hear, Barbara-- pun intended of course, since now you can hear it...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Barbra, I find that interesting that we can hear differently each day. I have the same thing going on, but I don't need hearing aids yet. So glad you got hearing aids that you like!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Snooz23
    In my case I had to choose from 2 different styles and four different prices (price based on the style and grade). I have one for each ear.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast