Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need your help asap. In the er.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it is wise to stay. I hope they understand Wegeners. Do you have anyone with you? I think it is always a good idea for someone to be with you. Two sets of ears to hear what the medical personnel say. But also someone to make sure that they ALWAYS consider the effect on your WG.
    Last edited by BookNut; 02-06-2015 at 06:57 AM.
    Jacquie (aka Lifelong Booknut)

Updated status: "Honorary Weggie"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, I had to go to work. I am glad they didn't send you home. Did they get in touch with your Rheumy?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am still here. My fever broke and i feel alot better. I think they have in mind to keep me until my flu test comes back. I really stressed that they talk to my rhuemy but they seemed very hesitant saying this may have nothing to do with wgs. Sorry i panicked on yall lastnite. I just couldnt deal with it feeling the way i did. And i didnt have service to call anyone so i came to you Thankyou for being there for me!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by im so blessed View Post
    I am still here. My fever broke and i feel alot better. I think they have in mind to keep me until my flu test comes back. I really stressed that they talk to my rhuemy but they seemed very hesitant saying this may have nothing to do with wgs. Sorry i panicked on yall lastnite. I just couldnt deal with it feeling the way i did. And i didnt have service to call anyone so i came to you Thankyou for being there for me!!
    I only now see it but I am glad that you are getting better. you can always count on the friends here to be there for you, whatever, in every hour, 24/7. I love you friends.
    as for being in hospital, after what I have being through with my beautiful Phil, I learned, the hard way, couple of things: insist on being in a clean room and dont let anyone touch you without gloves. even be rude if needed. dont let them give you any med or treatment without explaining all the risks of using it. ask as much as you want even if they dont like it. insist that a wg expert will check you to rule out wg activity. ask for every expert that you need.
    I hope you have someone with you to help. praying for you to go home healthy soon. hugs.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone has given good advice. We know that wg activity can mimic other things, including infections, with the presence of a fever. But since that broke and you feel better, that is a relief. I hope you don't have the flu, or if you do, you can recover enough to go home soon. I don't know why they'd resist having you talk to your rheumy, when it could be related to WG and they really don't know.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember that any stress on the body including infection can cause a weg flare.
    It would be best to make sure the weg's is under control.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad your fever broke and you feel better. I had to go to the ER with a fever while on Cytoxan to rule out an infection. It went down while I was there and they didn't find anything on labs or xray, so they did send me home but the ER doctor did tell me that if they found anything they would admit me, because he had seen other patients who were immunosuppressed with an infection get worse very quickly, so I think they are cautious and that is a good thing. Even though it is no fun to be in the ER or hospital, better to treat something before it gets worse and error on the side of caution. Hope you continue to improve and go home soon.
    We must let go of the life we have planned so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.
    Joseph Campbell

When sleeping women wake, mountains move.
    Chinese proverb

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by im so blessed View Post
    My flu test only took a few minutes for the results. They gave me some Tamiflu that helped reduce the symptoms. I never suspected I had the flu when I went to the Walk In Clinic. I just felt like crap and knew some thing was wrong but had no idea of what? I was worried I might have pneumonia or a Weg flare.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Given flu symptoms are one of the first symptoms of Weg and flares your worries were completely reasonable. I spent months thinking I had a series of flu's. It' better to be safe than sorry.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad ure doing better
    Remember we are all here for all of us , whenever we need it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast