Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need your help asap. In the er.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad you're doing better, and that they kept you.

Alarm bells tend to ring for me when a bunch of attending's decide that your symptoms are not from WG, when the last time they probably heard about WG was in med school. I had so much bad advice in my early days, thank God, I had this crew because I really felt like I knew more than those ER docs when I had to go in. Most of our symptoms mimic those of a flu, so when they're confused, and certain the body is trying to tell them something but at the same time dismiss the systemic disease that happens to affect the same regions as a flu would, my wager would be that they're wrong. I've seen this at least a half a dozen times with different people I've met here and kept in touch with outside of the forum. Be safe. Ask questions. Why would they not think it's WG? I also know a few people who have never shown any changes in bloodwork, and labs despite being in flares. Know/learn how your body reacts to WG, flu, treatment, etc. so that you can educate them, when they're confused.

Watch out for myocarditis too. A heart issue that can arise from a combination of WG and a viral infection. We are more susceptible. Just look it up.

The very first person I heard of dying from WG, shortly after I was diagnosed, I think it might have been on here.... was from a heart attack due to myocarditis directly related to the WG.

Be safe, get strong, and feel better. And ASK lots of questions. Always assume that the thing making you feel crappy is the WG, then go from there if you can eliminate that.
    That's been my strategy anyways. You can eliminate it pretty quick when you get to know the nuances.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad you are doing better. Is your heart rate back to normal?
    Karen; dx'ed April 2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am home My flu panel came back positive. I believe it was h13 strain. The tamiflu is helping alot. I feel much better. They gave me 5 liters of fluid, which helped too. My heart rate is 85 tonight My husband started running a fever today. My attending doc actually gave him a perscription for tamiflu. That was very sweet of him. My 8 year old also started with fever today...so i guess 3 out of the 4 of us have it. Lots of drinking (h20 of course) gonna be going on at this house!!! Thanks again for caring!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad you are home ,sorry you all have the flu but its better than a wg flare. Take care,rest..I would get some Lysol spray and spray the house so hopefully the 4th doesn't get it too.
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So glad to hear you know what is going on, are home, and are dealing with it successfully. I hope it will be of short duration for you and your family members.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123