Thread: Sexual Side Effects?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sexual Side Effects?

Hey Everyone,

I'm new to the forums and had a few questions that I hope that you might be able to shed some light on!

Little about myself: I am 23yrs old, male and diagnosed with WG in August 2014. Started on the initial stages of cyclophosphamide infusions and prednisolone and have since changed over to methotrexate and prednisolone and dexamethosone (only recently in the last week).

Now to my questions! I have recently noticed that I am unable to retain or maintain a full erection (only standing at half mast) and have lost my sexual desire... Previously i have not had any issue with this and have been taking the cyclo and pred for over 6 months. I have only just started on the methotrexate in the last 2 months and have not noticed any issues until now... however i have just recently within the last week started taking dexamethasone both orally and a couple of times via IV.

Has anyone had any similar issues with this? If so what helped? Alternate drugs like aziothripine? Would really like to get back to normal haha

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no advice as i am a woman...but c'mon guys- this is a medical question, don't be so shy!!! Maybe you could private message this poor fellow. I'm SURE he is NOT alone!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I felt like I have had similar issues but different.
    When I was in cyclo infusions I guess I felt to bad to care. I didn't have much libido at all. I am 45 years old ( chronologically, but I feel much older at times).
    Now I have reached remission. My libido us back to about half normal, but when it comes time to perform, sometimes I have no issues, sometimes I do.
    Talked to my gp, did labs, and had low testosterone. I'm on T injections now, but it has only improved that particular issue slightly.
    Haven't really thought about what caused it. Basically just glad to be alive. But I'm twice your age, so... At you age I would have risked death for some!!
    Hope you figure it all out. Just talk to your general dr about it. See what they say. I think prednisone may play a factor?? Who knows.

Sent from my iPhone while driving on the freeway, eating salt, and drinking a 78oz soda.