Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's winter. Where is hope ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by im so blessed View Post
    Thankyou Anne.And you brought up a good point. I think all of my flares have been in the winter. I'm very suspicios of insufficient vitamin d. I just had mine tested and it is at 21. Thats pretty low i think. I looked in the archives here and found sanges thread on vitamin d. I think we would all benefit from checking our numbers.
    I take 2000iu of VitD3 along with 2000mg. of Calcium each day, as recommended by my PCP several years ago. But I don't know enough to know if it is enough. And we have a shortage of it from the sun right now, for sure. Sounds like Sangye's thread is worth revisiting, as are all of hers.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, you are not alone, you are just brave enough to share your feelings. Everyone has down days or times when we question how well we are doing in life or how we measure up to what we perceive to be other's expectations of ourselves. Mine usually strike in the middle of the night when I can't sleep or reading about other people's lives and what they are doing. Facebook can be a prime example of this, a lot of people want to project what a perfect, happy life they have and you don't see posts about poor health, marriage or financial stresses, struggles with parenting or family, etc. So, I have to consciously remind myself that everyone has struggles and no one is perfect, we just can't always see that. You sound like a very loving mother and wife and there is nothing more important than that so you are a total success! I bet your husband and children think you are the best wife and mother in the world. So yes, you are right about lowering your expectations. Good enough can be a lot happier and more peaceful place to be than unattainable perfection.
    I have talked to a counselor several times when going through major life stressors. I found it to be very helpful as they can help you put things in perspective and help change negative thinking, and always felt much better afterwards. Many workplace employee assistance programs offer free counseling sessions to employees and their families from a trained professional. If a down mood doesn't lift or starts impacting your life negatively, talk to your doctor. Depression is a biochemical disease no different than heart disease or diabetes and their are medications that can help.
    We must let go of the life we have planned so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.
    Joseph Campbell

When sleeping women wake, mountains move.
    Chinese proverb

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would echo the above post. Wegs is a depressing and life changing event and many of us had some psych help to help us with this adjustment. Many continue it on an on going basis just to help cope with the stress of this horrible life changing illness. Chronic illness often causes depression and we can sure use help with this. Good support also helps and this forum is one of the best for us too.
    Last edited by drz; 02-07-2015 at 03:22 PM.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well said Marta!
    - You can judge the character of a person by how they treat those who can do nothing for them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12