Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Measles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well Vdub,that didn't go well !!! I think this whole conversation got completely out of control. I don't think vdub was trying to insult anyones intelligence but simply just stating a fact to those that maybe don't live in the states or others unaware of the situation the happened recently a Disneyland since people visit nation wide there and the measles stay airborne for up to 2 hrs( I heard that on the news also ! ) and that we ,with lower immune systems need to be vigilate. I don't believe he said to run out and get vaccinated.
    And Marta ,I love you and all you do and bring to the group. I can't wait till your book comes out.
    Thats ALL I am saying on the subject so I don't want anyone getting on my case now.....
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is exactly what I was trying to say. Maybe I didn't say it well enough.

I probably shouldn't even post this, but if you are interested and want more info that is pretty much as impartial as you can get, then you could watch this program from NOVA.
    NOVA | Vaccines?Calling the Shots

NOVA is the American version of the British program Horizon. They are very similar and might even share programming from time-to-time. NOVA airs on the Public Broadcasting System. I think this url should be available worldwide. I haven't actually watched it myself, but the title interested me. I saw it advertised off to the side while I was watching Downton Abbey, which is one of my favorites. I haven't even seen a trailer for the program, so I have no idea what information is in. Maybe someone else can tell me. The info should be current as the program aired just a few months ago in Sept 2014.

Aside from this, I'm pretty much done with it....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being from Australia, even though this post wasn't news to me because it was in our papers, it only mentioned about the kids at Disneyland.

Both sides of the fence/issue are interesting to read and I don't think anyone is stepping out of line (really) in saying a for or against.

What scares me, is that I am heading to the USA in April/May

Having vdub post about the measles also being outside of Disneyland (where I wasn't heading to this time), is very scary indeed.

Thankyou vdub, thank you Blake and also thank you Marta.

This forum is awesome
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Michelle,
    Hopefully, your trip to the USA will go well!
    April is when we in the northern areas can get vitamin D from the sun and the flu season is over.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mish, if you have had measles and survived or if you have been vaccinated against measles, then you have absolutely nothing to worry about. Those who are getting measles in the US and Canada are people (mostly kids) who have not been vaccinated. As long as you are vaccinated, you would be really crazy to cancel your trip. Here is a recent news report....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Upev6vEEEEk

NSW had a similar outbreak in 2012, but a free vaccination campaign halted the outbreak and measles was declared as eradicated in Australia in 2014.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zq5oSQNicZo

Department of Health | Measles – Elimination Achieved in Australia

And, now I will lock the thread. I'm sorry I even brought this issue up.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12