Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tamiflu/ flu

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face Tamiflu/ flu

Got it from the prim. doc.I felt like someone had run over me with a truck before I got home . took my first dose after I got home and just now the next. I didnt even try to go to the clinic because I know that if you have a fever they wont give it to you.
    I felt bad going into the food store to pick up sick food in preparation of being sick. I had to pick up my son from a Boy scout meeting too. Walked in with the collar of my coat around my mouth and nose. And left asap. I had to explain to my family that if my temp goes higher than 103 I have to go to the hospital. They were a bit nicer to eachother then but still messy. oh well. back to bed for another rest.

Doug Guest

rest and fluids and get well soon!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope you get better quickly. Please let your hubby take care of the kids.
    Remember-you need your rest more than anyone in the house!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up tamilflu

Hope the tamiflu helps you. Have a good sleep.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm told Tamiflu is usually pretty quick to act so I hope you're feeling better very soon! As Doug said, rest and fluids!!
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.
    Currently but not permanetly residing in Canberra, Australia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face

Thanks to all of you. I did lay about and nap off and on all day. I think the tamiflu is helping. You all know what happens when you are laying about and not doing anything, i am sure you all do. THINK , oh poop. This again is my mind wandering, Could I have been sleeping through this feeling I have at night when I was taking the cyt. before bed? I just started taking it in the am two days ago and feel fluish? I know it is different for everyone but........could this be the cyt. kicking my butt? I am going into my 5th month but hadnt taken it in the day time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could be. That's how I feel on ctx from day one. It's too toxic to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face

I tolorate most meds without side effects or problems. If this is it and this is what I feel the rest of the treatment then I am going to have to take it in the afternoon and drink a gallon or so before bed. Make myself pee in the middle of the night etc..

Did you say that you where taking yours at diiferent times ? instead of one dose? I would look for the thread but the kids are buggin me to use the computer too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes-- I had to split mine into 3 doses and take it with each meal. That was only because all-at-once caused severe stomach pain.

Taking ctx at night might make you feel better temporarily, but you're really putting yourself at risk.

Bladder cancer is one of the risks mentioned above. There's also an immediate risk of hemorrhagic cystitis (bladder hemorrhage). Ctx is very toxic to the bladder and can cause it to start bleeding. This is extremely dangerous and can happen at any time.

To drink enough water and pee enough all night, you'd be up all night. No way to get the sleep you need. And drinking too much water at once is very dangerous. You can actually kill yourself. Please check with your doc about taking it at night, okay?
    Last edited by Sangye; 11-15-2009 at 05:08 AM.

Doug Guest

Exactly, as Sangye says! The effect of Cytoxan was pretty straight forward for me: I vomited until my doctor put me on something for the upset stomach (don't recall which rediculously over-priced drug it was, but it was one of the big brands), then, a few months later, my Cytoxan dosage went down to a point I tolerated it pretty much without the ridiculously over-priced name brand drug to help.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast