Mike's post has a lot of good info. I wonder about flooding the sinus cavities by blocking the exit so the saline solution builds up inside. The flooding technique has been used by others and seems likely to improve the cleaning of a rinse but wouldn't it also increase the risk of forcing liquid into the Eustachian tubes and middle ear where it could do a lot of damage. Some people have had this experience from the squeeze bottles as noted in earlier posts.

I did try my Grossan powered rinser today
Amazon.com: Grossan Hydro Pulse Nasal and Sinus Irrigation System with the Original Grossan Sinus Tip: Health & Personal Care
and experimented with settings. Even at the highest setting it is still very slow when compared to a NeilMed squeeze bottle. I did note though that because of it's slower flow that the solution stays in the nasal and sinus areas longer which might help with cleaning things out. It also takes a lot longer to empty the reservoir of solution and the process of holding the nasal irrigator tip against the nostril is a lot more uncomfortable that using a squeeze bottle in a few second intervals. The pulsing action though is suppose to assist with the cleaning of the sinuses and since one filling on the Grossan equals two squeeze bottles of solution, it seemed as effective as two rinses with a squeeze bottle which can be done quicker with more force. But the NeilMed squeeze bottle seems too forceful for some people and they might find the slower and more gentle power machines more comfortable for them to use.

The addition of a steroid additive sounds real promising to help stop the continual bleeding i now have in the sinuses and I will seek out some ENT doctors to inquire about such an additive.

The idea of getting each infection cultured is also great idea but I found I only was able to get that done routinely when an inpatient. Maybe if I find a good ENT doctor I might be able to get this done when needed.

I also like the idea of making an antibiotic solution by dissolving Bactroban in saline. I never considered such a possibility but have read about people dissolving antibiotic pills in their rinse solutions.

I wonder about post nasal drip being caused by GERD. I have had it for years, probably long before my GERD was diagnosed. Has anyone found taking some additive like lemon juice or apple cider vinegar to help reduce post nasal drip or even the GERD. I guess these additives would be safe to try and rather easy to do so might be worth a trial.